Deranked after winning 7 games with 50% + winrate

Okay so I was plat 1 and was grinding to get to diamond. Lost 6 games and won 7. Even if the SR system were the same I should still be gaining a net positive from this and be at least plat 1 still right? How come it placed me in plat 3??

2 Likes

Seems to me that the first four placements at least are heavily biased to your performance rather than wins. After that it seems to settle down and relate to wins and performance.

Okay but what metrics are they using to judge performance? I have the most healing in the game, the most dps out of most supports (unless theres a moira) and I’m constantly speeding my tanks to finish kills/get them out of fights and into safety.

Also, its really annoying to play support and be judged based on the performance of tanks/dps that don’t play correctly or hit their shots or have terrible positioning or go off and 1v5 and expect to win

1 Like

false.

plate one is 2900- 2999 SR, if you were say around 2912. and if you played badly in those 13 games you can still drop. remember below diamond you have skill based SR. and as such you can lose more from loses and gain more from wins, or the converse. so long as you didnt fall to plat 4 i dont see an issue.

the max SR shift due to skill expression is 15 to 30 without winsreaking (over 5 wins in a row) on average you gain/lose 23 for win and lose, but if you preform well you gain more and lose less. and if you preform badly you can gain less and lose more. 6 matches loss with max loss is 180 and least gain for 7 games is 105 that is 75 shift without accounting for streaking. if say you lost nearly all 6 in a row you probably lost an additional 25.
if on previous rank up you were 2899 and they rounded you to be nice you can easily be 2799 and they round you down as you didnt preform as well.

Exact same happened to me, went from plat 2 to plat 4 without a shift in performance those games and my winrate went up (also support)

Skill based MM, you could be doing worse than other players around you rank. keep winning and this does not matter

Ranked is screwed up…

just played a game with some friendly people and we where discussing our ranks.

there was a player in bronze 5 asking what ranks the other people where… not a single player had the same rank…

enemy team:
bronze 3
silver 5
silver 2
gold 3
gold 1

our team:
bronze 5
bronze 1
silver 1
silver 3
gold 5 (me, dropped from gold 1 to silver 1 because of some realy weird matches)
could be they where trolling but for once there wasn’t any toxicity so i think the given ranks where real

after getting to silver 1 i lost 1 match and then ranked up again, but i haven’t played a decent game ever since… and the increase in toxicity is just…

i’m pretty much done playing this game for now… it’s just not fun (i never cared that i was only gold… now comp feels like QP or worse)

2 Likes

Incorrect, im masters widow playing in plat, 80% winrate with a 4kd and it deranked me to gold 2.

So many matches where my team is useless. I almost uninstalled today after pulling the best hanzo game in all of my overwatch time playing and still lost

1 Like

that is a useless stat that means nothing as widow is rarely in danger.

the #1 rank player has like 70% winrate, i call shananigans on that number. either you didnt play enough games (less than 50) or you are exaggerating.

maybe you just got carried by your team and now you dont, so they feel useless. also if your team is useless it might mean you are not helping them be better.

assuming this is correct it confirms something i suspected. a gold dps and gold support are not at the same skill level.

2 Likes

Kd is actually very good indicator in this game, 1-1.5 and ur where u belong, 2 is one rank above, 3 is 2 ranks and 4 is well u get the picture.

I can tell your low elo or new just from your response. Im top 500 doomfist and masters widow. Of course im going to have an 80% winrate below diamond. If im averaging 40 elims and 5 deaths every single game and my teams max kills is less then double digits. Thats not a me problem. Not to mention the #1 player currently is very close to a 50 winrate not 70.

No idea why im even responding to someone who doesnt understand how this game even works let alone skill levels.

The only reason you dont experience this is because your at the rank you belong. If you werent living in a fantasy world u would see owl players, od players, pros, streamers and everyone of all ranks has a problem with this matchmaker being bad.

There is a reason blizz has been silent since launch

son, i won against 5 turbs and a mercy in ranked. i played with both GM and Bronze players. i have suffered every meta the game had, and i called for brig nerf before goats became a thing. SIT DOWN, let me educate you.

you cannot be rank 1 and have a 50% win rate. physically impossible. the ranking system is on a distribution curve with the mean somewhere between gold 3 and plat 5. that is to go over plat 1 you must have over 50% win rate. then in Diamond and above SBSR no longer applies and you have to have over 50% win rate to climb. due to the nature of of statistics and MMR you will need to win more and more as you climb. if the rank1 goes even, they will lose rank.

congratulations, i met a GM player that didnt know a lot of basics in the game. they knew to what to do and when to do it, but not why. rank means nothing when we talk about the ranking system itself.

you want to tell me how to win games, sure. you want to tell me how to take engagements absolutely. you want to teach me how to aim, go for it. but here, on this subject you rank has no power not influence. SIT DOWN Boy.

first im not at the ranks i belong. probably will take me 2 more seasons to get there by the rate i am playing.

second, how is it that the system is broken at all ranks but im not affected. that is a contradiction.

then according to you i should now be in diamond or masters by the KD i am getting. you know ignoring that i play sombra and kiriko primarily, some of the safest characters. btw Ill tell you secret, i should be mid plat ATM. might even be plat 1 if i am lucky.

you are responding because you know on some level that i have move game knowledge than you, even if you have more skill. probably if we went 1v1 the only way for me to win will be to troll you till you quit.

you are complain how the system is not rewarding you, you are throwing these insane stats then claim those above you have worse stats. you failed to account for 2 things.

1. this game is not OW1
  2. the player base size and skill shifted due to influx of new players.

it sounds to me like you go in and get kills when it doesnt matter, then are shocked that your team cannot do anything because all your abilities are on CD when they need you.

you sound like a selfish player that demands his supports be healbots. and you sound like tyler1 is your idol.

you dont know anything. and you are so ignorant of that fact that you try to teach it.

do you know why i listen to seagull. because while he may not have always been top 500, he knows the game. he knows when he doesnt know something. you are pathetic.

Didnt even read your rant, lmao. :clown_face:

and yet you keep responding. almost like you are fascinated with what i have to say.

This ranking system is literally all over the place right now. Thats all you can say. Maybe its just gonna take a few seasons for everything to work itself out. Maybe less. Either way very few people will say things feel right. OW1 was bad at times but this is so ridiculous a much higher number of players are seeing it first hand.

There is nothing you can do. I ranked from around 3k on my main to this account that placed bronze 5 then silver 1, then after 7 wins 1 loss and down to bronze 1. Then 5 straight where I’m just running around spawn camping bullying supports, pretty much doing whatever I want cause its bronze 1. Ill win a few more itll put me back to bronze 5, ill dominate more games to silver where itll give me essentially bots, ill get lower stats cause of it and back down lol. Its just messy and all over the place as well as trying too hard to get that 50/50 win rate

3 Likes

Prove this by providing screens of your stats and your current/former rank. You couldn’t corroborate your claims on a previous thread and instead deleted your response to me after revising 3 times. I still don’t believe you’re winning 80% of games and de-ranking 3 tiers, explain.

1 Like

I revised then deleted because what I wrote was extremely toxic, but nah im good. I have nothing to prove to randos on these forums. The fact that im actually included in community montages for this game should speak volumes, but eh.

Take care

Having nothing to prove is the problem.

As far as I know you’re “just a rando on the forums” crying about being in a rank you deserve to be in despite this fictional 80% win rate.

You have no credibility and aren’t willing to substantiate your issues with the matchmaker for Blizzard employees to address. That’s the reason you’re on these forums in the first place, no?

2 Likes

okay I don’t know about the other person. But they’re not the only one claiming near the same thing. Are we all lying? Like come on…

Replay Code: 3H0DVE

I can’t post an image of stats so I’ll just say them here

Elims 14
Assists 18
Deaths 6
Dmg 3191
Healing 8075
Mit 1499

Out dps and healing all the other supports. Only Kiriko on my team had more heals than me

1 Like

sounds like a skill issue tbh. the system rates you based on how you perform compared to others, lets say ur performing far better than your teammates or people in general in your rank or who play your main, you will still rank up regardless of loss or not unless you cross over 7 losses, if your stats are pisslow you wont rank up, and if they are actually high and your still deranking then yeah, its broken, otherwise nothing is broken.

thats what we’re saying. Our performance ISN’T low. At least in my case, I’m outhealing everyone, getting more dps than most healers except moira (and even then sometimes even her), saving teammates constantly…etc