(deleted topic)

The in-game report has also been run by people who false report since the launch of OW.

This alone applies to 99% of the threads on this forum. Ban everyone!

I hope there is a way to appeal a suspension in-game, at least.
I even reported my suspension on the forum to Blizzard, because I couldn’t really believe I was suspended for 3 days for replying to someone that “Ana is not the easiest and most brain dead hero”.
I even sent them screenshots of the post, my email address etc. waiting for any answer. I would have loved to know what rule I broke.

Nothing. My request probably went straight to some trash bin on their server.

It’s incredible that you can be flagged or even suspended here in a completely unjustified manner and not be able to do anything about it.

1 Like

I think they look at certain keywords and make decisions based on that, regardless of what the actual post was about. I’ve had several posts deleted because in them it said “commit suicide” or “kys”, even though I was talking about other people saying that to me.

So in your’s they probaby saw “brain dead” and immediately made the assumption you were calling someone that.
That or it’s an automated system.

Unfortunately Blizzard is not going to improve things without any incentive so false reporting, in some sense, is like short sellers. A necessary evil to get a proper system. If it doesn’t happen then all we have is a system that doesn’t work for anyone involved.

Edit: To elaborate on my post, the crux of the problem is that Blizzard aren’t addressing issues. Say I’m playing against a Doomfist (recent example) who is playing waaaay above the level on their profile. The matchmaker is “malfunctioning”, or… they could be cheating. I don’t know, so I’ll report that. It won’t make a lick of difference. Maybe they’ll drop from 3 rep rating to 2 but that happens every other day anyway.

Instead, Blizzard should see the problem for what it is and address it with priority so that reporting people isn’t necessary.

As far as forums go, it sounds like the issue is with fake accounts. Maybe they should tackle that. Coincidentally, that would help with smurfs as well!

PPS. I expect that Blizzard has the capability to flag accounts so that they silently discord reports.

There is a way to appeal but they are almost always upheld. Many people have been suspended or banned for just playing one hero (one tricking) which Blizzard has stated is not reportable.

The ones that were suspended for this that got it overturned were all streamers and had proof they weren’t throwing the match.

In short, if you aren’t popular or a semi-large streamer that will go viral for a wrongful suspension, your appear is pretty pointless.

1 Like

I haven’t had any dinner yet tonight, and, well, err…uhm…how much for the rabbit?

i havent been here long enough but from what i’ve seen that’s the route i’d go personally. i kinda don’t even want to post around here and there’s not much i want to read anymore. but if that were to happen everyone would cry about it because they couldn’t boost their post count anymore by having something to say in every single topic on these boards. they would probably die of boredom if they couldn’t get the last word in on something or make another thread about something that’s been posted and said a billion times over already.

I could have sworn this thread got flagged. Well, I’m glad the mods undid it. Some of these posts did deserve it though

The false flagging situation has well and truly gotten out of hand…

Something as benign as a request for a skin to return can be flagged for “trolling”…

Something must be done about this my friends because the situation has gone too far…

1 Like

But he didn’t say anything about the player base in the first post. He said flagging en masse when someone has something to say is out of control.

Surprising that he’s just now come to find that out, but I’m honestly more surprised hy the disproportionate response he’s gotten.

No, Blizz is explicitly the problem. They fractured their community too many times.

We can’t agree on anything because they keep trying to cater to an increasingly dwindling crowd.

I mean this in the least mean way possible -

A lot of your posts are so innocent that they really come across as having to be trolling in some way. I don’t think they are, but it’s hard to distinguish these days TT

1 Like

She-who-shall-not-be-named.

A curse on your innocent forum thread! A pox on it I say!

Any who utter her name shall be smited, not smitten, by the forum police!

1 Like

You need to get banned for a few days if you report a blatantly reasonable post and the moderator says it’s acceptable…you should get punished if you’re trying to shut down the conversation and/or just being an idiot.

2 Likes

Bruh. This was hidden and restored again lmao

The only ones I see getting mass reported definitely deserved it. I don’t really see an issue.

2 Likes

This was literally mass reported to hidden status twice.

You can add another thread to the list of mass flagged posts/threads:
The one with the discussion about Eskay and Seagull video.

People will still deny it lol

i just had a thread struck down as people seemed to hate that i had a honest opinion that wasnt trolling