Delete this post

Strict rules that regulate creativity and counter play=more fun?

1 Like

picking a 3rd or 4th dps is NOT creativity in action.

If we saw REAL creativity, we wouldn’t be so pro roleQ.

But what we see is 3rd and 4th DPS picks.

The 1-hero limit made the game more fun. It regulated creativity and counter-play, yet the game was made much more fun because of it.

Game design is much more complicated than “just let the player do whatever they want”, especially in multiplayer.

1 Like

It can be, but that’s kinda why I put in that voting system.

If your team isn’t coordinating, then saying they are using cReAtIvTy, is an excuse.

and primarily it IS an excuse.

I’d have a lot more time for these attempts to fix how the matchmaker deals with things, if they start from what is happening in reality.

If it doesn’t solve what roleQ sets out to solve, and doesn’t solve other real problems we have today - then roleQ is strictly better.

1 Like

But yeah, if 4 of your teammates can’t agree on unlocking roles, then they lack the coordination to pull off 3-to-4 DPS comps.

It can be, I also never said anything about 3-4dps. There are comps that have more than 2 tanks and or supports. There are even comps that utilize 3 dps very effectively.

People want RoleQ because of GOATs and blaming their loses on their team comp. I think poor MM is a thing as well but idk.

Nor is it “Submit to my arbitrary standards of what a perfect team should be”. Game design is more freedom to the player than regulation.

Okay, I’ll just go download an aimbot and wreck everyone with it, since player freedom takes precedence above all else.

/s

I don’t think GOATs is a problem for Ladder games anymore.

But you NEED to address that, because that is what people are doing in the real world.

There is an imbalance between the number of DPS players and other players, and this system ONLY makes it worse.

Ignoring it makes for a bad design.

And wanting heroes being better balanced, AND having team mates who want to play their roles, AND not being forced into playing a role they don’t want to play AND wanting roleSR for better balanced games.

Goats is SO far down the list of why people are interested in roleQ, I don’t even see busting goats as a reason for having it.

Being able to play the role you want and not having to fill into roles you don’t is the PRIMARY reason roleQ is so good.

Having a team made up of people who ALSO are playing the roles they want is a DAMN good thing as well.

2 Likes

I’d disagree there. It’s just it’s an opinion that’s about a month out of date.

And GOATs is still a problem for OWL, and a lot of people are thinking 2-2-2 would fix OWL.

You are cherry picking from a large field of options.

RoleQ started due to GOATs and it still is prevalent in OWL and higher ranks.

Or don’t assume.

There are about the same amount of support players as dps. Tanking is the real problem but that’s because of poor game design and balancing.

:thinking:

There isn’t. a quick look at QP games will tell you how many people are actually filling for support roles.

Why? it is true. If I queue up as a DPS, I don’t have to fill into tank or support.

I guess. Either way, allowing GOATs on Ladder, and blocking GOATs in OWL would probably be the best way to solve things.

QP isn’t a reliable source since after all, it’s a more casual place hence the saying “It’s only QP”.

That would be nice, also making things better for tanks would probably work nicely.

I agree but it is MORE reliable than someone on the forums saying

In the games I play, I have had to fill as support a LOT. 600 hours of a lot. I didn’t have to fill as DPS.

That gives me a pretty good idea of what is going on there.

We also needed people to fill as tanks.

roleQ is NOT expecting the support queue to blow out on time.

If you look at comp, more people are willing to play the support and not tank. There are reasons there are threads asking where tanks have gone and asking how they can stand tanking.

Game developers I would like to think want to make things better for everyone not just a select group.

Yes, there are more supports than tanks, but, if you think that means there are as many supports as their are DPS? The argument doesn’t follow.

People are more willing to fill support. But, there is still a lack of support mains, and it means people are having to play their non prefered role.

This is true, but the promise of RoleQueue is not having to Fill.

And you can bet there are a lot of Tank/Healer players that would pick DPS 100% of the time, if there wasn’t any downsides.

And there are some who moved to DPS, who WOULD Tank / support if they didn’t have to solo, and had people who wanted to be in the role being their other tanks/supports.