Definitive Mercy Poll

I like the recommendation stated above. 1 option is Mercy is fine, while 3 options are she is not fine. Make sure to consider all of those 3 together as one whole vote of some change is needed, then split them down into a percentage of what people think needs to change.

Ex. 50% of players think Mercy is fine. 50% of players think she is not. Of the 50% that think she is not, 33% think she needs a buff, 33% think she needs a rework, 33% think she needs a revert. This way it can show if she is fine or not and what people think needs to change if not.

Sorry if you already planned to do this.

3 Likes

yes i understand that its mercy is fine, vs not fine. but all the “not fine” are of varying degrees. and i want to know if people think she not fine, then what they think needs to be done.

sorry if i didnt make things clear.

As for the Revert option, i should have explained that i was referring to the growing “bring mass rez back” movement going around the forums.

1 Like

Bringing back Mass Res with tweaks and changes to her kit is considered a rework. A revert would be a complete return to her pre-rework state.

Again, sorry if I’m being redundant. Just trying to vocalize all of the options.

3 Likes

I wish there was an “other” option.

I think she’s mostly fine. I do think she could benefit from a rework at some point however to make her feel more satisfying to play. She doesn’t have many flashy moments, she doesn’t feel like she makes a direct impact, and her ult doesn’t feel game changing, even though she does make a huge difference in game when played well and is fairly balanced.

So I voted rework, but I believe others are need of a rework before her (example being reaper).

1 Like

And that poll should be in the game. Not on forums where a lot of people won’t even click it because it mentions mercy.

8 Likes

It’s not really a new thing. A bunch of people have been angry about the removal of mass res since Valkyrie was first put onto the PTR. Jeff’s dev update video that announced the change even acknowledged that Blizzard expected backlash for making such a huge change to such a popular hero, and made efforts toward reassuring players to mitigate that backlash. The only difference between then and now is that now Mercy no longer feels powerful and so people are less willing to overlook the idea that she was changed for no good reason.

1 Like

Rework, without Resurrect in any form.

1 Like

I think many mercy players use rework as a code for buff.

Well there are many different Rework ideas its important to actually distinguish them.
A blanket “rework” vote option is kinda bad as it could mean anything.

2 Likes

The only resurrect that might be okay is a proactive buff that has to be used ahead of the player(s) dying.

Ehhh I wouldn’t be against a form that you use before the death has happened.

1 Like

Yea that would make the most sense.

theyd be able to get a lot of information of the communities thoughts and wants of the game this way aswell with an ingame poll system.

1 Like

if i had every rework idea as it own option, then i would still be making the poll.

a blanket rework option is the best i can do without losing my sanity.

Also please share this around if you can, the more people that vote, the better understanding we have on the communities view on mercy. Thank you

1 Like

I think she’s in a great place right now, but I seem to be one of the few who really loves Valkyrie. I think the whole support roster is very well balanced right now and that they’re all viable in the right situations.

1 Like

Oh I agree it would take awhile.
Just that a blanket “rework” doesn’t really give you any meaningful data as it could literally mean anything.
Unless they all post in here what they mean, which they wont lol
Suppose it tells you people arn’t happy with Mercy’s state?

i was hoping thats what people would do, but im a dreamer.

I wanted to put buff and/or rework, but you can’t so I went with the more likely of the two.

jeez. i wonder what this totally unbiased part of the community that partakes daily in the forums thinks about mercy…

2 Likes

well then share the poll around, and we can get more people to vote, and a larger sample size.

1 Like

I’ll do my part, I suppose, doesn’t hurt.

I want Mercy “reworked”, more precisely I want Valkyrie tweaked to be more fitting for her kit and more skillful. Removing chain beams for instance, would be a big positive in my view, even if they did that tomorrow with no compensation buff whatsoever I would be happy.