Dear Toxic Ana Players/Supporters

Important: This is not intended towards the entire Ana playerbase and Ana supporters, only to the toxic ones. I’m going to explain.
I really don’t believe in the “us vs them,” it creates more toxicity and problems than it solves. So I am not pitting ‘Ana players v Mercy players’ as entire wholes. I am only adressing the toxic ones.

Honestly, I hope the Nerf/Rework Eye doesn’t turn around to nerf to the ground, or worse rework Ana, now that her pick and winrate are soaring way above most supports.
Remember, toxic Ana supporters/players when Mercy was in the same position when Mercy 2.0 first came in?
I get it, you were sick of Mercy always being picked. A lot of Mercy players don’t want to play Mercy all the time.

But, now that the tables have turned, Ana is now the support queen, you toxic Ana supporters/players justify that dumpstering one support to favour another is the right choice.
No.
That is plain toxicity.
Why can’t everyone be viable and fun to play?

And relax, aiming is not the only skill. There are traditional FPS games for that. OW is not one of those.

Just because you perceive one hero as requiring less skill to play, does not mean they should be less viable, than the hero you perceive takes higher skill.

If you want all heroes who requires aim in the game to be more viable than heroes who don’t require much aim, even a lot more so in higher ranks, then that means heroes like:

Doomfist, Junkrat, Torb
Dva, Rein, Winston

should be, by your standards a lot less viable than all the other heroes and even less viable in higher ranks, exactly similar to how you view Mercy.
Why can’t everyone be viable and fun to play?

So if Ana does get hit by a truck of nerfs or a rework and becomes that same state as Mercy now and you make lots of threads, even megathreads to try and get justice for her, don’t cry then.
Don’t cry and make threads about toxic Mercy players who rejoice that Ana is trash and a lot less viable, no longer the go to support, when you were doing the same thing to Mercy.
There would be a lot of toxic Mercy players and supporters who would love this to happen right now.

Again, this is not intended to all Ana supporters/players, this is only directed to the toxic ones.
And to an extent, to all players who support and play heroes that don’t require as much aim.
What is happening to Mercy can happen to your hero.

We’re all in this together.

18 Likes

they just need to remove the nano full health thing and make her ammo back to 10

they nerfed mercy, ana doesn’t need these buffs anymore

1 Like

Im not seeing any toxic ana players tbh.

47 Likes

This is exactly why I play ana and not mercy. Ana is and was fun for me, even before her currently powerful state. I fully expect a nerf. As long as she’s fun and I’m not forced to play someone else to have a fighting chance I don’t really care.

1 Like

Mercy being powerful wasn’t why they buffed her. They buffed her because she was weak and incredibly inconsistent.

28 Likes

she was weak because mercy was strong

they buffed her in attempt to make her compete but didn’t work

You know, the Ana vs. Mercy thing has been happening since Ana was introduced to the game and went meta. It’s not new or recent and some of the more… eccentric players have been going at each other for, what, 3 years now? It’s just back and forth to who is a throw pick and who is a meta pick.

Reducing the nano heal would probably be enough. The ammo buff probably isn’t that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

3 Likes

Zenyatta vs EVERYONE

2 Likes

All this back and forth crap is the exact reason I’ve played this game the least amount in recent memory. Why try to learn characters when they’re just gonna change due to everyone’s behest.

It’s gonna old.

4 Likes

In my opinion, Mercy should be less viable in higher ranks.

And don’t act like there aren’t toxic Mercy supporters.

7 Likes

those 4 bullets are 300 extra healing or 280 extra damage without needing to reload so yes it does make her stronger

it rewards players that miss more and those that rarely miss get benefits

No. She was weak before. 10HPS from mercy is not the defining difference over whether or not you should pick mercy or Ana.

Ana’s ult was very weak before. If you didn’t give it to a full health target who had their ult ready to combo, it was a cointoss over whether or not they would die a second after you gave it to them. (personally I think the nano heal should and will be nerfed to 200)

6 Likes

If you’re assuming 100% accuracy, yes, it is that big of a deal, but no one has 100% accuracy.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to down play that it was a buff, but it wasn’t some super OP buff that pushed her into must pick. At the time it was almost QoL for where she was and where the support meta was.

If nano heal and mercy nerf hadn’t happened at the time time - we’d likely see more balanced rates. It wasn’t the +4 ammo.

2 Likes

again she was weak because of mercy being strong

that 10 hps was a huge nerf, ask any mercy player or look at the stats

I know that 10HPS is big for mercy, but it’s not the reason Ana is picked now.

1 Like

you know little about ana if you think the nano and 4 extra bullets made her viable

her kit was never the issue, it was because of mercy she wasn’t being picked. why bother with ana when mercy is a lot better?

I just want to play Moira without the entire worth of the character getting shut down by a single ability >.>

I never said anything about 4 bullets. Nor did I imply she wasn’t viable before. But nano put her over the top.

exactly, and now because nano is a lot better and a lot more reliable, it’s more reasonable to want her.

next thread. more of the same.

6 Likes

Id mention the openings Doomfist, Sombra, etc now make for Ana helped make Ana more popular as she now has clear lanes to shoot into. Before she was just shooting into barriers.

But yeah mostly Mercy being easy and high rewarding for so long kept Anas pickrate so low