Dear LGBT players

Covering different aspects is okay.

Continually making post after post of “I just feel like LGBT needs to be more in this game” like every other LGBT post, then it’s spam.

It’s gotten so bad that 4 or 5 have been locked, only to be instantly re-started on a new topic in the past 24 hours.

1 Like

But continually saying “Forced diversity is bad” over and over again in different threads; that’s fine? Even though OP already made a similar topic to this that already got locked down? That’s not spam?

2 Likes

Continually saying forced diversity is bad while arguing a point isn’t bad.

What I’m saying is that you see so many LGBT posts with a body of 1 or 2 sentences and no merit to them. That’s what I think isn’t fine.

Also, the topic that OP made that was extremely similar to this was back in April (and it got locked in april). So it’s not spam.

GayCowboy and ShadowDragon’s threads have been continuously closed down due to community flags and hateful activity from people besides themselves despite the fact that they each argue their points with several paragraphs of well thought out discussion from their point of view. Not every LGBT+ thread that gets locked down is because it’s “copy pasted” and you know it.

4 Likes

How many stupid ‘nerf Genji’ or ‘Tracer and Genji OP’ threads used to be all over these forums? How many ‘I quit the game’ threads, which are completely pointless, do we see cropping up? How many ‘smurfs are ruining the game’ or ‘these people shouldn’t be in comp’ or ‘one-tricks should be banned’ threads? We’re not going around shutting them down because it’s been said before… so why are LGBT threads different?

3 Likes

I never said every LGBT post. I said

Talking about these:

2 Likes

This is the most 2:1 argument that just keeps getting thrown around like it means something.

There’s a difference between spamming controversial topics that keep getting shut down, locked, deleted, or start infighting around it vs starting new discussions that almost never, if at all, get locked or deleted.

It’s like if you take a candy away from a toddler because he’s the only one that got some and instead of just dealing with it, he goes and take some new candy out of the bowl.
You said they couldn’t have it but instead of them knowing they couldn’t have it, he decided to go and have a new piece that’s also going to cause them to start fighting

2 Likes

But in my response to OP’s question, them with their snarky “But what about tolerance uwu?”, I say that the same thing happens to even those posts about LGBT+ characters that are not spam, that are not spiteful.

You also see dozens of cookie cutters “Nerf this hero” “buff this hero” etc etc with no thought put into them at all, and yet for some mysterious reason, they don’t get flooded with flags from the community for being spam.

1 Like

I mean, they get ignored and die like the bad threads they are…

1 Like

So we should just stop voicing our opinions if people spam these topics with flags even when they don’t deserve them?

If only people opposing LGBT+ threads were as capable of ignoring these topics they’re not so fond of instead of riddling them with flags for no reason

Maybe because they actually have discussion behind them? Maybe because it’s actual game related and not just politics?

IDK about you, but LGBT doesn’t have much, if any, discussion behind it and generally causes fights. While balance has much more discussion and next to no full out fights.

And now you’re taking me out of context. Great.

2 Likes

So people spamming the flag button and incorrectly reporting threads cos they don’t like LGBT stuff means that people should just shut up? The reasons that more threads appear is because the old ones get shut down for no good reason. People are creating the so called ‘spam’ by preventing discussion of the topic for those who have a genuine interest in it.

3 Likes

Everyone has their right to oppose whatever they want. Don’t try silence your opposition with that.

LGBT topics are a double sided flamewar and you know it, its just both sides pestering the other here.

1 Like

And that side is?

Let’s be honest here, the LGBT side has been less tolerant towards me and a few others here.

2 Likes

Like I said, its double sided.

Nah, there’s a whole lot of rank shaming and people telling other people their ‘balance changes’ are stupid and they should just ‘get good’, it’s not a peaceful and intelligent debate. Plus, this doesn’t address threads like ‘I’m leaving the game’ or ‘one tricks should be banned’ (when Bilzz has already offered an official stance on one-tricks).

1 Like

People aren’t going to be accepting of arguments that argue against them for things out of their control?

Weird.

1 Like

Yet whenever I report these kinds of posts, nothing gets done. Why is that? If it was truely false reporting, they wouldn’t get removed right? The comments would be cleaned up and the post wouldn’t get removed.

Also, It’s annoyingFrustrating how you respond to me twice instead of all together once.

It feels like your arguments are being broken up to make sense in as little context as possible and I’m not really a fan of that so please stop? I’m getting double notifications from you guys and it’s not very entertaining.

2 Likes

Yeah saying “Nerf Brigg” and nothing else is very constructive, especially the 40th time you see it. And talking about in game heroes and hero concepts is game related. Not gameplay related, but other non gameplay related aspects like comics and animated shorts are discussed here constantly because this is the General Discussion board.

You tell me what the context is then because what it sounds like to me is "stop making new threads about general topics that get shut down because people get offended and flag it even if it doesn’t break the ToS or Coc

I have 0 problem with people making threads like these, though I’m not going to agree with OP, what I have an issue with is people flagging stuff just because they don’t like it. If it offends you and you don’t want to see it, scroll past it instead of flagging it

2 Likes

I mean, no one ever said you don’t have the right to oppose whatever you want.

Just that people are going to level moral judgments and opposition right back at you for opposing harmless stuff.