Dear LGBT players

after this they should add that THEY (Blizz) will reveal this in time of their choosing/right time to do so - otherwise there will be huge nuclear explosion on forums

No one has requested this.

It’s like saying that people who want more tanks/support don’t want the characters to actually be fleshed out ON TOP OF fulfilling badly-needed niches.

2 Likes

Yeah, they did make a promise on that.

And this will kinda dive into my argument with the Hammond thing if you read it fully, but we don’t even know 70% of the lore yet.

The second gay hero could already be in the game.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Yeah… I mean at this rate I’d be happy to get a new comic or short (Lucio, please!! I’d love a Lucio short!) but it’d be nice to know where they’re at. As I said, lore is slow. This is no exception.

2 Likes

Ohh, I get what you mean :stuck_out_tongue: Nice thread, BTW.

1 Like
  1. How do you think I see that as an attack? What is your deal? Not anything I’ve said has had a negative tone coming from me. You’ve made all that up in your head man.

2. Here’s your links:
    Is Moira a trans or non-binary? - #2 by Sprinkles298-1977
    Another LGBT hero this month?
    Add More LGBT/LGBTQ+ Characters
    Is there an LGBT male in overwatch
    🌈 LGBT and Diverse Heroes matter!

Edit: Not to mention the countless others that were removed a few months ago that aren’t existant now. Why did they get removed? because nothing but fighting devolved in the comments.

Once again, I’m not mad. I have very little emotion right now except for hunger (if you can call it that) because I can smell the chicken in my oven.

3 Likes

Thanks, did I at least change your mind on Hammond somewhat?

I tried to cover a lot of points.

I don’t care as long as they add a trans male and female, then i will shut up

and i will when they will add hero with great story so that i will know what, why, when and cause

not this throwing certain group fanservice in your face

Bad wording on my part, if you dont care about the topic of the thread (adding more diversity to the game) then let the people who care about it care about it. Saying you, as a gay, person dont care personally care if they add more gay people to the game doesn’t mean everyone who wants diversity is invalid.

No one has ever asked, “Just rush this person’s sexuality in and forget the rest of character development”

Literally when people say, “We’d like more diversity/LGBT representation” it’s safe to take that synonymous with “make sure this hero is developed with the same quality as other heroes”.

Where are poeple getting the notion that anyone is asking for otherwise? Seems like a cop-out just to shoot the entire idea down.

4 Likes

I kinda feel like those are excuses that wouldn’t be mentioned if it were a het relationship. Because we’ve seen this a lot in het relationships. Hell, Korra and Mako only had to see each other once for viewers to declare it endgame ship.

It’s a very standard trope in media (and outside media) for a relationship between two women to be invisible. No matter how many clues there are. It’s such an ingrained belief that this isn’t possible that even highly homophobic laws and religions never mention relationships between women. People are incredibly oblivious to this and it includes actual women attracted to women. It’s very much rooted in the belief that women have no sexual autonomy or desire outside of men and reproduction. And while we have mostly obviously discarded that belief in this day and age, some form of it still survives. There’s a whole in-joke about it among lesbian and bisexual women (two women kissing Someone: “They’re just gal pals.”).

I do agree that TLK had many issues with character development and building. The format didn’t suit them and there were numerous other issues. Personally, to me, it was as clear as it could’ve been given the issues and the fact that they couldn’t go all out due to restrictions by Nickleodeon. There were people shipping them even back in season 1. I distinctly remember seeing that and thinking “That’s an interesting take. It will never happen.” Joke’s on me!

5 Likes

I mean, again I’m a bit neutral.

Also of course they aren’t invalid, but just note something.

We don’t even know 70% of the lore, the diversity could already secretly be there.

I don’t think its fair to assume that the people who asks for these things want poor writing.

I don’t think it should need to be said that people want a gay character AND have them be well written and natural.

Who actually wants poor writing? I think that arguing against tokens is just a smoke and mirrors to mask the truth that you don’t want people to ask for diverse characters. But maybe I have too much faith in the collective intelligence of people.

But the status quo doesn’t generally change until someone shakes things up, and that involves being annoying first.

A lot of things that people take for granted now were started a long time ago for people unafraid to be agitating for change.

3 Likes

Aye, no one ever openly requests this. But many people don’t really care enough to not do things badly. There are plenty of examples in this thread both from games and movies.

The way I see it, OP’s point was to draw the attention of precisely these people - the ones that don’t care enough.

Also if you wanna chat, my Discord is CasualSlayer#1951.

I’m always down for qp, etc.

Just as a side note, I think frankly KorraSami ship happened due to poor writing of the show and it struggling on and off for ratings.

Pretty much the show had a lot of promise and intrigue, and they poured it down the drain for a lot of really angsty stuff, bad character and dialogue, and bad plot management. So, further down the series, they used a niche fandom who shipped the two as a means to get an uptick in ratings, and said “Oh, if you didnt see it, its cause you werent looking!”. Which, as I see it, they decided on the ship late in the series, and went back through the series to point to one off situations as ‘justification’ that this was there intent from the get go.

It came off as super disingenuous to me, and appeared to me to be capitalizing off of the feelings within niche fandoms and current political fervor in regards to Same-Sex Marriage, which was building up at the time.

1 Like

I am almost certain it is.

Drakolyr is a professional victim. Irony is they are the aggressor towards you its weird they make stuff up in their head. People are welcome to disagree, the way they are going about isn’t going to win many people over.

Blizzard mention they might have a gay male, hopefully they come with some cool storyline or ability that isn’t forced/shoehorned.

1 Like

Here!

Ooops. Bouble busted.

I never saw any forcing in this. Even in some its claimed that “its just my opinion”.
On the first one however, for your “not carrying” and “speak for other” you share your own opinion.

I dont see anything “forcing”, maybe the extremists on the comments but both sides have them.