Dear DPS Moiras

They aren’t wrong. Speed gives you better to dodge, which increases your survivability instead of weak heal aura (16 hps)

Flanking Roadhog, thank to mobile self-heal with 50% dmg reduc. He is great for peeling.

Nothing hurts me more than watching ANY Moira use her ult to fight enemies while teammates are low health all around her.

1 Like

Haha this is still an argument?
I mean…come on…getting gold medals on elimination and objective kill is so freaking easy as Moira because of chip damage that whoever is arguing with “but I have gold…” has a very boring and empty life. :smiley:

1 Like

Just want to say… I understand your point. It is annoying. Some Moiras never even look at the team.

HOWEVER… as someone who plays a lot of Moira, you do need to do a fair amount of DPS to get your healing juice back. If a Moira is hardcore healing, she is going to have to hardcore DPS for a hot minute to get her juices flowing.

Yes I know that you need to heal to start with, but always try to keep that in mind. Moira still doesn’t have a voice line to say she is out of juice yet so sometimes its hard to tell if a Moira is just going for kills or if she is desperately trying to get some juice back.

I actually find it harder to get juice back without a shield tank, but thats just me.

I find it most difficult to get a recharge with passive tanks in well held chokes. If my dps is doing really well and everything trying to get through the choke is dying, I can sometimes be starved for resource and praying for a flanker or maybe an aggressive D.va so I can sukk her mech for heals.

Same. You literally have no way to gain healing juice in that case because enemy barriers dont give your juice back.

I actually think buffing the resource regen a little bit would help Moira players focus less on DPS

Also when you are ulting, every person hit should replenish your healing juice by a little bit.

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you play in these comps? Were you a tank, dps, or healer? Just out of curiosity.

Are there really such things as dps moiras? Half the players of this game freak out when they see 1 damage orb so i’m kind of assuming thats whats being talked about here.

oh and even if your moira is using nothing but damage orbs and never healing, she should still not be gold dps lol.

This is the biggest thing for supports, especially moira and mercy because if the team are scattered, moira can’t heal properly, and how well mercy does depends so heavily on how well her team performs

I love to heal. Mercy’s my favorite. Here’s when I go DPS Moira:

1. The entire team are 5 DPS that each go their separate way.

Unfortunately, the enemy team groups and it often means you get bursted down through my healing, after which I get murdered subsequently. I’d rather just flank as Moira then and heal you when you’re actually in a position to benefit from it.

1. When an enemy Widowmaker isn’t being contested.

A good Widowmaker means your healers keep getting sniped trying to support your choice of bad fights. Some maps are really good for Widowmaker and make it impossible to play healer if you don’t have a Genji or Winston to hunt her down.

1. You’re playing bad.

If you’re letting people run right past you and murder the healer behind you because you tunnel, if you never peel the Tracer, Genji or Winston then I’m going to play DPS Moira. I could just swap to Soldier or something else (I sometimes do) but having the means to heal when the situation rises is still useful.

I guess it’s easier to complain about supports not supporting than figure out what you did wrong to lose your support? :weary:

This applies to any support. I don’t enjoy getting ganked by flankers.

1 Like

If Moira is getting all the gold medals then the rest of her team are the reason they lost.

1 Like

I always have to figure out my team to decide how to use Coalescence. I don’t know why (maybe it’s the visual spam, maybe they don’t know it also heals) but I’ve had teammates with the critical icon get out of the way when I aim my ult at them (and worse continue to dodge as I try to follow them). But if that’s how my team reacts to Coalescence’s healing, I get more using it to scatter/ungroup the enemy team.

If a Moira can actually out damage the DPS, wouldn’t it be worth considering running her as a DPS with 2 other healers? If she can out damage a S76, I’d rather have a Moira on my team that might heal once in a while and just does DPS.

moira cant stay as is. beam reach too far does too much damage too fast orb does too much damage. she needs reworked.

I’d be happy if my team’s DPS/tanks would stop and look at their health bar when they see the indication that they’re getting healed. If the healing doesn’t stop and your health bar isn’t full, consider the value of staying put. If you need to get away from someone doing damage, that’s good but if you just want to chase down a foe, you’d be in a better state if you put that off to do it with a full health bar.

My sentiments exactly. If a genji is diving me as Moira, you’re damn right I’m going to 1v1 him. Moira is the support you pick so that you don’t have to rely on your team to peel for you. If you see me 1v1ing a genji it’s because I don’t want to die to said genj

2 Likes

I find the best counter to Tracer is good healing. Keep pressure on, force blinks and recall, once she recalls, call it. Once shes low on blinks, call it. If she is simply staying alive shes not a big threat. Moira counters Tracer if the Tracer is stupid enough to take an all in fight against her without any abilities left. A good Tracer will simply avoid Moira. D.va is the same kind of counter, shes a deterrent. Easy chip damage makes Tracers life very hard, because she can’t recall her whole health pool if you kill her slowly.

Just a friendly reminder, This thread doesn’t pertain to ALL Moira players. Just the selfish ones.

I know there is god tier Moira players out there, I know how she works. I know you have to do damage to sustain your “Pee” (lul)

so if you’re one them, I <3 you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Gold medals are mostly irrelevant to the state of the match anyhow.

It was only ever, ever relevant, in any shape or form, when Lucio was gold damage before his damage buff. Even now he can do fairly decent damage and play less passively.

Anyone obsessed with gold medals, or using them as an argument to either secure a hero choice, or deny another, needs to reconsider the value of each hero to the current match.

That’s what will win you the game - not who has what gold medal.