Dear Blizzard. You're banning unfairly

Your game has crashed twice for me today, my other games seem to be running fine. Because your game has crashed I have been punished with a 30 minute ban from comp even though I tried to reconnect every time. Does this sound fair to you?

1 Like

dude you shouldnt be playing comp if you have stability issues

3 Likes

If my pc can run PUBG with no issues then I should be able to run Overwatch with no issues, I even have Overwatch set to medium graphics. Don’t just chalk it up to stability issues and be so quick to exclude people.

1 Like

This seems like an issue on your end, not Blizzards. Don’t play competitive if your having issues.

Also, they can’t tell the difference between and intentional leave or a disconnection, so if you leave, you get punished

paraphrasing support’s response: “Since we can’t determine the cause of your disconnection from the match, we aren’t going to do anything for you.”

proceeds to give a bunch of ways to fix connection issues

1 Like

It’s not a connection issue. I can run the game fine for hours but then it just happens.

have you tried reinstalling it?

…So you’re having stability issues.

That’s not Blizzard’s fault. No matter how you try to interpret this, it your hardware, given you’re one out of literal millions. Even if we were to broaden the sample size to 15000 people, that’s still out of millions. It’s an issue with your hardware, my man.

1 Like

They can’t tell why I disconnected but the game does know when the leave game button is pressed and when the return to match button is pressed, they have tools to determine intent.

My point is, you have to figure out why the game is crashing for you, because they aren’t going to do anything to help you.

all it does is the Overwatch App opens a thing that says ‘‘Overwatch has stopped working’’, I wish I knew why

Because intentionally disconnecting your internet to simulate a internet issue is never something someone would abuse.

That is why it cannot make that distinction.

I would highly recommend re-installing. The recent update changed how the information for overwatch is compiled so you may have some corrupted game data.

Have you checked the window event log? This is definitely a problem on your end. You can also google overwatch crash log, and it will tell you how to get that.

What? Where was this discussed?

Give me a few minutes. Need to track the thread down.

Yes Mr Tickles I know that there are analog ways in which to disconnect your Overwatch that can hide intent, I know they would be abused. But I’ve never been happy with how the Overwatch Dev Team are treating the players, such as kicking players for being ‘‘AFK’’ when they’re still earning points for pushing or blocking the payload. Or how they allow a ‘‘bad teamwork’’ report that allows for people who play off meta mains to be abused by the community.

They give too much credit to the loud, ugly side of the community and they treat game play as a strict, ‘‘safe place’’ where everyone is right.

I wish they would relax and give the benefit of the doubt back, let the players have more freedom and allow the community to deal with it.

I’ll reinstall the game again, but to be honest if Blizzard didn’t pump out content for this game, I and many others would have no reason to come back. I don’t like the sterile, ‘‘our way or the highway’’ type of place it has become.

Here it is.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/no-big-updates-13-gb/61359/17?u=mrtickles-1464

Which is solved by you WALKING.

I believe they removed that report option this very patch and clarified that off meta picks are not a bannable/reportable offense.

Giving the community to much power to moderate itself is a bad idea. In general us gamer’s always look for a way to squeeze the best results out of system. Legit or otherwise. If you allow the playerbase the amount of leniency and freedom of movement that you are talking about this place is going to get much worse much quicker.

Ah. TIL.

Thanks dude.

It’s not solved by walking though, I have seen it happen on TimTheTatman’s stream, His father was playing deathmatch and even though he was moving and trying to shoot people he was kicked for inactivity.

Yes they said that playing off meta isn’t bannable, they also said that people can report you for continuing to play a hero in a bad situation, who decides what a bad situation is? are they really going to review the game data on every report? no.

I agree that the devs need to keep an eye on things, of course they need to catch the cheaters and really abusive people. But they should still take a step back, I would rather have to deal with cliff teleporter trolls then see people banned cos peoples feelings are hurt.

Blizzards job is to make the game run smoothly, not to tell us how to play the game. They even punish you for leaving QP.

If they really want to see the community be good they should add a reward system for good behavior, a commendation system that results in more loot boxes or something. At the moment it’s only negative inforcement, the idea of taking away what you have. We can’t forget we all payed money for this game.

Firstly, your original complain was because you keep playing competitive even knowing your game is crashing often? As others said, Blizzard can’t really know what happened, if it was intentional or not, so they prevent this to be abuseable.

Holding a button is no indication of activity, you can do it by putting some weight on you keyboard or mouse. And with some programming skills people can make the buttons to be pressed in semi random manners.

Where did they say that?

You have to leave lots of QP games to be punished with lower experience, and even though it’s not competitive, I don’t want people leaving the match all the time making it impossible to win, or even test whatever strategy you want. You can’t even train with a character if your team is stomped because you have numbers disadvantage.