Mercy is a classical case of Sunk Cost Fallacy

Personally, I like playing Mercy BECAUSE she is boring. Playing a less mechanically intensive hero means that I can focus their attention much more on the state of the game, ult tracking, and shot-calling and those are the aspects I like most about overwatch.

2 Likes

I hope they bring back mass rez and you wrapped it really good, good job.

1 Like

sure but you had that with the old mercy

the difference with old mercy is that once or twice a match you had the potential to make an amazing play

current mercy potg’s are much inferior to old mercy
it doesnt look special,it doesnt feel special

Indeed, the wound is actually infected and needs sterilising. It’s not healing.

Resurrect remains her true ultimate ability with a high amount of potential impact, while Valkyrie isn’t really a good ultimate ability and offers a low amount of potential impact (especially with the upcoming nerf which will effectively nerf Valkyrie too).

1 Like

Oh, so the pros, who picked mercy most in their tier, don’t use teamwork?

Edit: Didn’t word it right

Guess what? This is by no means any kind of objective measurement or valuable feedback for Blizzard at all, because people always do complain. This is just how people are.

Nifty, anybody could say that and not even telling the name, so nobody can proof it. So this is just useless, nobody cares about such non arguments.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure mentioning a different game on these forums is a quick way to get your thread locked. Not falling for that bait :heart:

Feel free to DM me though. I’m being honest and I’ll happily give you a link to that game. It’s a pretty old browser game though, and playerbase IS dwindling just because of its age. But it’s about the principle of how they approached accepting ideas from the community, or themselves.

True. People will always complain. No question about that.

But it becomes an issue when both mercy haters and lovers disagree with the rework. You’ll generally always be disagreed with by the ones who like a hero and then changing that hero in one way or another. But if you get disagreement from people who don’t even play that hero, or don’t even like that hero… that’s when you should probably know you screwed up somewhere.

2 Likes

I have never wanted to give someone gold until now.

Beautifully written.

Amazing thread, thank you for putting your time into this, even knowing this will be thrown into the megathread or 404ed/locked. I would love to see Blizzard try and respond to a thread like this.

as broken as mercy still is. She still cant compete with how comically broken hanzo is.

Not true. A lot of people hated that thing and were happy to see it go away. Plenty of examples on the forums.

Speaking for myself, I didn’t like the extreme that mass resurrection was. On the other hand, REZ on a cooldown is not that great either.

Remove Valkyrie and replace it with REZ 2.0
Make REZ 2.0 a channeled LOS dependent ability like High Noon. The time spend while channeling determines the amount of health the resurrected guys will have, with a threshold of 2.0 seconds needed for an actual resurrection to occur.

2 sec channel = resurrect with 100 HP
Every second after the 2nd means 200 more HP for the resurrected guys.

Whatever you do, do not bring the old MASS REZ back, that was horrid.

That’s the perfect summary of my point of view, as an old Mercy player (understand: since the beta). It tired me so much to see that disaster, and the constant nerfs, I decided to change my main.
Caring about my beloved Mercy seems to be like Don Quixote fighting windmills. It’s exhausting and useless.

1 Like

PREACH! THANK YOU!

agree 100%

WOAH there, i know and have seen A LOT of people who were really glad and still is glad that mass res isnt a thing anymore

1 Like

I honestly just wanted to see what the devs would do if Mercy players themselves created their own Megathread 4 and guess what? They merged another Mercy thread into the Megathread made by a Mercy player what a joke.

1 Like

Mercy was very rarely used in the pro tier before Valkyrie. Exactly because it was easy to shutdown her rez, and her base kit offered no utility. She was the only healer that could only heal.

Before the “successful rework”, Mercy was pretty much an extra to Pharah in Pharah maps, and very, very rarely she would do a 2 or 3 man rez. It was usually saved to rez the main tank or Pharah as soon as they dropped.

You just made me laugh after I read people didn’t like the removal of mass rez…that was the big thing people COMPLAINED about lmao, it killed their uber mega jumbo ult lol.

Have you ever thought that maybe you’re wrong?

Say it louder for the people in the back

2 Likes