Mercy is a classical case of Sunk Cost Fallacy

Mercys getting boosted to GM became a meme pretty much. So that says that the exploit/hiding was pretty successful.

Also,Mercy 1.0 had no utility or mobility. Mercy 2.0 has both so she’s definitely faster paced. There’s Valk also.

Also,idk why people are saying that 30 sec CD rez is bad and how it should be earnable. as an ult or otherwise. but the thing is,with Mercy 1.0,Rez could be earned in about 20 seconds.so 30 seconds is generous I’d say

Honestly, if I had to guess, I’d say the balance team is just too big. If you get a group of a dozen friends together and try to decide what to eat for example, you can talk in circles until you arrive at a conclussion that nobody really likes, but they agree with because they think it’s the group’s decision. Committees are terrible for stuff like this.

1 Like

Apparently, if streamers, which are somehow well know, spread misinformation it becomes a meme, especially if the targeted group says that this isn’t even true.
Also, the overall Res average of that time was at something like 6.5 over all ranks. If so many players did that successfully, the overall res average would be way higher.

Mercy had a lack of utility, sure. But that wasn’t a bad thing, she had a strong Ult for compensation. It only had one problem, most of her playmaking potential was in her Ult. That could also be fixed with a well though out E ability and a cast on Mass Res.
Her movement was also just as good as now, only harder to access or better said it required better understanding of her movement. GA always had a speed boost after it and that was usable in very flexible ways.

Valkyrie Mercy is only fast paced if you play her like the old Mass res Mercy.
Only use res in the right time. ignore Valkyrie. That’s still a s*** ton of fun. But Valkyrie is nothing but a “AFK, easy mode pro simulator” and E res stops her entire gameplay for almost 2s. She has no moment to shine, just the same stuff for 100% of one match.
And that very complex mind game she had before her revert is also just gone. That one was also coupled with very fast actions and as i said, that exists no longer.

E res. No restriction is enough to make it balanced. The utility of it is far to good. You just get it every 30s and can’t really wast it. It’s far easier to use than Mass res.
There are so many problems with it which would just make the play experience for the Mercy player worse if you nerf it even more, same with Valkyrie which already is worse with the 50HP/s.

I make a thread currently about all of that issues and with possible balanced solutions, later. That will go more into detail.

And that’s the big difference. To get Mass res that early, you would need to consistently heal for 20s, non stop. You really had to be everywhere at the same time and even than it was not guaranteed that you get it under a minute.
Every Ult can be earned in such a short time if the opportunity is right.

3 Likes

I’ve said this before: nerfing Mercy’s healing will not affect her pickrate, unless they drop it to Zen levels…which would be an obvious attempt at breaking.

Because Mercy isn’t picked for her healing, pure and simple. While it’s nice, she’s picked because of how AMAZING her kit is. A damage boost that isn’t an ult, crazy good mobility (provided your team is spread), the ability to heal / damage boost her entire team during her ult–which also provides even MORE mobility–and last but not least, a rez that is a BASIC ABILITY. Her kit, is supes good. That’s why she’s played, and while we will be back here in less than 3 months time with yet another nerf. :confused:

I love Blizzard, I really do, but you just need to look at WoW to see that this is the case. Game’s been out for well over a decade, and hasn’t been ‘balanced’ once.

1 Like

My post quoting blizzards statement on mercy highlights this btw, find it above.

I see you’re a person of intelligence as well! If they want to drop her pick rate, make rez an ult again. Pure and simple. That’s my belief. If the ‘hide and rez’ was so popular, than the DPS should have expected it and, I dunno, killed the healer first?

But that’s telling DPS to do their job, and as a support main, we all know you can’t do that. :laughing:

2 Likes

This just in: Mercy mains think asking Blizzard to nerf Mercy, will get them mass resurrect back.

Yes, but i see the dps in that case hadn’t the hand to play.

And with Hammond release, we have the perfect counter for mass res.

I LOVED the removal of mass rez
I LOVED how OP valk was and how people didn’t realize it at first
I LOVE how rez is an ability now

you just have no idea what you’re talking about

1 Like

just because a vocal minority believes the rework was a failure, it doesn’t actually mean that It was. Personally I agree with almost all the changes blizzard have implemented.

I don’t know why I read all of this, but I love Valkyrie and I hope they keep it. If anything they should just delete rez and add something new.

really? You enjoyed Mercy being op… and a must pick?

2 Likes

I liked the removal of mass res, and can actually comprehend that it can never be balanced.

/muted and flagged

Be careful about specifically mentioning Blizzard or any of its employees! We don’t want this thread to be shut down, do we?

How many Mercy threads do we need?

The threads will continue until Blizz either revert or rework her.

2 Likes

Removing mass rez is best thing Blizzard has done in Overwatch!

…and that’s including Hamond!

I love how in depth Mercy players go to talk about how bad she is now.

Yet, I also hate how Blizzard just sweep all these posts into the amalgamation of patch notes from bloody January.

Great way to read feedback, Blizz.

2 Likes

And this right here is why the megathread was made to dump them all into a void. The overzealous ruined it for everyone else.

1 Like

Mercy could’ve healed that deep wound, but now she can’t heal fast enough before you die.