Blizzard, it is time for you to make Overwatch deaf-friendly environment. We deaf players have been oppressed for couple years. The game lacks the accessible for the deaf players.
- Voice Lines
- Incoming sounds
1 . Voice lines are the most important part of game. There are five top examples how game is unfair to the deaf players.
- McCree’s Deadeye: “It’s high noon!”
- Solider 76’s Tactical’s Visor: “I’ve got you in my sights!”
- Genji’s Dragonblade: “Ryūjin no ken o kurae!”
- Pharah’s Barrage: “Justice rains from above!”
- Junkrat’s RIP-Tire: “Fire in the hole!”
Imagine, McCree or Solider behind deaf players had no idea what is going on while hearing people will hear the alerts then hide.
2 . The footsteps give sounds so deaf players will be countered by an enemy unexpected. So Blizzard should add footsteps radar detect.
3 . Blizzard should allow deaf players to custom their wheel communications or mods to call out like WoW.
- There are several short scenes don’t have any subtitles left the deaf players clueless what it was about.