Deadlock Rebels is released today!

too impatient to wait for the paper version in my country (Italy) I take it immediately in the Kindle version.

4 Likes

Well, I will listen to the English review then I will buy it in my country (Poland).

I can’t read. :slight_smile: (USA)

Finished it in 3.5 hours (and that’s with listening to the first half on audiobook). It’s a quick read, but I liked it better than Hero of Numbani.

May I ask without spoilers if we learn more about Overwatch/Blackwatch in this book or is it fully centered on the Deadlock gang?

I’m around the first tier of “The Hero of Numbani” and I find it hard to get interested by Efi’s life for the moment. I’ll still finish it maybe it gets better, but I’m not sure I want to read another book so remote from the main story line.

My copy doesn’t get here until June 10 :frowning:

It is entirely focused on the Deadlock Gang, and is set 22 years before Recall, before McCree was ever recruited into Blackwatch.

I enjoyed this novel much more than the other one because I like the characters better, and I found the writing style more dynamic.

1 Like

I haven’t finished reading it yet, but I would like to add that there are a lot of references to how people lived during and after the Omnic Crisis (presumably occurred no more than 10 years before the events of the book). very marginal information actually, but compared to Hero of Numbani there seems to be consistently a different mentality of the world.

I mean, if in the previous book there was a continuous glorification of Overwatch, here the task force is almost never mentioned, but rather we talk about the conditions of humanity (obviously regarding the places where Ashe lives).

2 Likes

Thank you both :slight_smile: I think I’ll give it a chance

1 Like

Definitely liked it, nice getting an idea of what America was like after the crisis (one of the probs with overwatch lore is there are interesting points, but not enough meat in em and these books help fix that a bit) and seeing what Ashe built the deadlock rebels out of is interesting. Whish we could of learned where B.O.B. got is arm cannons but

Spoilers

ending at the diner from the route 66 map/McCree’s cinematic was a fun little tease.

Now I want more though, Wrecking Ball, Brigitte, Zarya, D.va don’t really care who but I want more books.

I would want one to clear Amelie Lacroix/Widowmaker character and some new information about Gabriel Reyes and his family, Gerard Lacroix, Blackwatch, Overwatch, Talon.