Dead Eye - please rework

Why not flashbang? We need something to suppress Tracer.

My idea for flashbang would be to tweak the range AND add a proximity area which means it can be thrown further but it will explode if its “proximity” hitbox collides with an enemy.

You can’t do this. There are two entities for the flashbang – one for looks, and one for the actual collision and stun registration.

See this video for details;

The flashbang model you see (as well as any bullet trail and particle) isn’t actually truly there – it’s just a there for looks. This will get into weird situations where you throw it and it clips right through enemies and doesn’t detonate even though it clipped through the enemy.

Orisa has this issue with her bullets clipping into stairs and walls.

1 Like

Deadeye’s one and only problem is that the shot isn’t fired when you click. And that’s because of client-server prediction models… according to the server, you didn’t actually fire when you did, you fired some 200 milliseconds later.

This goes away in LAN. So OWL pros will never run into this. You won’t hear them talk about this either, not unless they have some really bad internet.

3 Likes

Actually is the same principle, what I am proposing is to tweak the flashbang’s hitbox so it doesn’t clip through enemies because it didn’t hit them on its way and ends up being useless, this way it would also allow them to buff its travel distance, of course I know that model is not the hitbox, I am not a pro-developer but I know how 3D shooters work.

Its fine,just try to use it like a d.va ult,not a soldier ult.

But its way worse than a D.va ult… and its supposed to be used as a Zoning tool.

Not even like that, of course it is more about zoning, my main complaint on dead eye is not about not getting kills, when you use it enemies rarely feel threatened, you have a huge shot delay and you have crippled mobility.

So you want it to be an unlimited range death-blossom instead?

Not quite, I just want McCree to be able to move around a little more while either zoning or securing a shot, it already has great range, using the D.Va example, when D.Va launches her bomb you don’t see the enemies trying to destroy the mecha before it explodes, you see them taking cover, dead eye makes them do the opposite, I am all for people stopping it with a properly placed headshot if the player has good reflexes (like a real gunslinger duel mind you), but not about him being just a very slow easy to hit target.

One thing I would suggest is allow him to use combat roll while ulting (without cancelling it) so he would have a chance to dodge once and shoot.

Maybe he will fire all shots at once instead of one at a time, maybe turn him into the six gun killer while he does it.

His fire rate is actually decent on dead eye, but his target priority isn’t, he always goes from right to left, I think dead eye should prioritize targets near the center of his FOV, then by distance.

Well if he fired them off all at once, it would prevent the last few seconds of availability to take cover, and it makes it so deadeye can’t be shut down by deflect if genji is to the furthest left on his screen. Genji would survive, his team would need to take cover.

Why not help DEAD EYE like this:

You can only stop Mcree’s dead eye with head shots during his ult duration.

Incoming body shots during his ult are nullified.

This suggestion is not good because ana, zarya etc wouldnt be able to stop her and it would be a weird unique mechanic.

Besides, this thread is 1 year old.

The thread being a year old is irrelevant. I am focused on the title of the thread. I thought it would lessen the clutter on the forum using this thread instead of making a new one.

Think of it… During Mcree’s ult. You can only stop him with headshot damage.

It makes sense.

When EVERYONE turns to stop him he doesn’t have a chance. Lots of damage spam sprays in his direction. Only now you need headshot damage to stop him.

I think it may help him a lot.

Yeah but… all these posts…were before many things were changed. His ultimate is changed, too.

Necroing threads is relevant if someone has technical problems and there is no solution to it and you find something.

Generally it is also against the forum rules to do so.

I don’t understand. It is not against the CoC at all.

If this “necro” thing you speak of is bad then why aren’t older threads automatically deleted after some long period of time?

I think the “bumping” thread section of the CoC has been misinterpreted by this forum.

Don’t “bump” posts.
The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called “necro bumping” or “necroing”). Users who are found to be bumping posts will be subject to forum account suspension and post removal.

Citation from the forum guidelines: Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!

My post isn’t bumping. Bumping a post uses one word to “bump” the thread to the top of the forum with no reason.

My post is more than one word and has a legit reason to supplement the thread with a new idea to rework dead eye.