DDoS back again..?

Just had 2 team members disconnect at the same time, even though one was in my group and the other was not. They came back within 90 seconds, both got disconnected again another 30 seconds later. The guy in my group got a 10 minute ban and wasn’t even allowed to rejoin the in-progress game.

Is this really a DDoS, or an issue of server load? Is there an actual expected resolution…? You’ve announced several times that it’s completed, but it comes back every few hours during what would be peak playtimes.

4 Likes

No reports of DDoS at this time, they are generally posted on their Twitter feed.

Blizzard has not reported issues with server load in my 10+ years of playing their games, so I am pretty sure it isn’t that.

I’ve just started experiencing disconnections as well. I keep being logged out while waiting in queue. My teammate was not and has had no issues connecting. I know it’s not my wifi because everything else remains connected.

5 Likes

Just happened to me on my 2nd account. Kicked from game because lost connection to game server. Re-log. Does it again within 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Just did it for a 3rd time in the main menu

2 Likes

Where is everyone connecting from? Country/State and ISP please?

2 Likes

Ohio, Cincinnati Bell

1 Like

from Wisconsin, Spectrum

1 Like

WA, Comcast. Constant disconnects also

1 Like

California, Spectrum. DCed 3x from my comp match. Went to requeue, dced reight before EVERY time a match was made.

1 Like

If you’re experiencing disconnections, please stop queuing for Competitive, as penalties cannot be reversed. Right now I’m just trying to help gather information.

1 Like

It was never DDoS, with Kung Flu stay at home world wide, servers are receiving a lot of packets like if it was a DDoS from everyone bored trying to play.

While that is a fun way to explain it, there have been confirmed DDoS attacks on several ISPs over the last week. Blizzard’s own servers have remained stable, so not all players are experiencing disconnection issues.

Since the forum isn’t flooded yet, I don’t know if this was a temporary issue with a common peer everyone was using, or if there is actually another DDoS issue about to happen.

2 Likes

Hopefully temporary. I’ve made it through 2 games now with no disconnects

I faced the same issue. Got kicked out multiple times in competitive and QP. NJ/Verizon

Nova Scotia, Canada. Eastlink internet. Constant disconnects also. Get an infinite unable to connect to game server message after the disconnect. Can only finally join back once the games match has ended. Too many people having the same issue from multiple different countries to not acknowledge there is a server issue on Blizzards end.

2 Likes

wtf, just dced at start of comp and got leaver penalty…and cant login back into game

3 Likes

My husband dced 3 times, same room, and I didn’t. Hasn’t happened in 30 minutes now but not looking forward to it continuing. Running WinMTR now. Frontier from SoCal.

3 Likes

hey guys they don’t care about your problems, you are players, so that means we are meant to shut up and take whatever issues come our way and just shut up, they get mad if you complain so be careful i lost 100 SR in ONE match that the server failed… ONE match, and they removed my posts because it makes them look bad, no help, only threats and condescending responses from blizzard, it’s their way.

if there are no reports of a DDoS attack then explain why there are SO MANY people having issues then? are you really going with “it’s not the server, it’s ALL YOUR FAULT PLAYERS” excuse? really? this many? cool PR job, excellent, keep deleting posts, banning people from comp and stealing SR from your players, i’m sure overwatch 2 sales are going to go through the roof if you continue mistreating your player base… good job indeed!

3 Likes