DCed, reconnected won the game still lost SR...?

Hey guys so as the title says, just a few moments ago I DCed because my modem crashed, we were on Anubis second attack managed to wipe the enemy team and my team got on the point, then the crash happened, as soon as I managed to log in again, I rejoined the match and we managed to do one final push on the second point till our time ran out, right after our second attack ended the notification that informs you you can abandon the match without any penalty appeared even tho I managaed to log in before the 2-3 minute limit, we continued on our Defense and didn’t let them take the point which resulted in our Victory. I exit the match and I realised I had lost 50+ SR even tho we won and reconnected… I didn’t get the penalty tho. So why does that happen? (Also should this be in Bug Report)

1 Like

its not a bug its intended so its not for bug support.

and ya they just set it up this way cus u still leave ur team to 5v6 for a bit

Oh, thanks for the clarification although thats a bit sad and silly but what can you do about it :frowning:

1 Like

one bug that is known though is when someone gets stuck on the loading screen and thus doesnt get to pick a hero, gets kicked for inactivity and loses sr because of that

1 Like

it honestly doesn’t make any earthly sense that players get punished for coming back. At least you worked hard to secure that win for your team rather than writing it off as a SR loss.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much, kinda tryharded so we don’t lose because of me… s:

2 Likes

It doesn’t work like this anymore. Since season 8, if you rejoin the game you won’t lose any SR nor get punished.

That makes it so there is no reason for you to come back and play that match to help your team if you disconnect even for a second. Needs to be fixed.

Uh then I have literally no idea what happened, as I said I immedietly reconnected after 30 seconds won and still it, maybe it should be in bug report after all?
Edit: Lost the SR I mean.

2 Likes

happened to me for inactivity and a friend for crashing and we both lost sr so just like ur case im p sure u still do lose sr

Idk but they changed it so you won’t lose any SR after reconnecting and winning. I think at least because I had some internet crashes and stuff and still didn’t lose any SR like that since season 8.

I know this is late, but I was in an Open Q comp game and I DCed about a minute after one of their teammates left. I reconnected and played the rest of the first round into the second until the game closed due to the rest of their members leaving. I reconnected within a minute or less and played nearly all of the game yet still lost 50SR. It’s so stupid

Please do not necrobump posts. You may unintentionally bring up discussion points which are out of date. In your case, please refer to Blizzard’s standing policy about Competitive Leaver Penalties here:

1 Like