Day 366 of the Mercy rework, and it's still the most complained about thing on these forums

So much this. Ive invested so much time into learning Mercy, and now no one can even tell because we all play exactly the same. After a few hours on Mercy you kind of just generally get the idea of her. There is no depth to her current kit.

Moira may be considered an easier support, and with her you have so many decisions to make, same with Reinhardt and S76. Mercy has no decision making, its all straight forward overtime impact that wont turn the tide of a game.

5 Likes

Yup, I’m honestly starting to agree with the “no difference between a bronze and GM Mercy”. Sure, there’s awareness and healing prioritization, but really nothing special. There’s almost nothing that a good Mercy can do that a bot can’t

I wanna be able to carry with Mercy, not because she’s OP, but because I’m good with her

7 Likes

Stop blaming the Mercy community.

It’s been beyond apparent that the devs did not listen to them.

Everything that has transpired here was due to the choices the developers made.

22 Likes

Day 366 and still no avail to satisfaction for everyone. Every nerf the Mercy community has said will break her and here she is still sailing strong.

This is by far my biggest annoyance with the Mercy community. The dev’s are well aware of what you think, and have been careful with her nerfs. They are doing something with her and they simply don’t think of your feedback as correct.

2 Likes

Valkyrie wasn’t what was OP about 2.0 Mercy. Having Rez on a cooldown was. Valk is a glorified ability, and can easily be nerfed down so it fits on a cooldown (3 seconds of free flight and extended beam range on a 15 second cooldown or something). Valk by itself is not strong, and never was.

They actually aren’t. They physically aren’t reading the feedback.

13 Likes

the hive mind feedback.

I’d argue that both of these statements are untrue.

They never read any significant portion of the mega-threads.

And I feel her changes have been sloppy, made to appease whiny DPS players with little regard to the Mercy player and their experience.

“Fun” only seems to matter when you’re a DPS player.

8 Likes

This is why I hate the Mercy mentality. It’s so “It’s their fault!” Based on how repetitive and self-righteous the mega’s are I don’t blame them.

Tell me why

2 Likes

Of course, Genji and Tracer mains are super happy with the meta.
Or DPS mains that don’t like Hanzo and Widow.

The “appeasing to DPS mains” statement is just not true.

They are very aware. It’s impossible to not notice thousands of threads in a year.
And they have been careful. Otherwise it wouldn’t take a year to balance her.

2 Likes

Mercy 1.0 even with mass rez was a D list hero who only saw good play numbers cus her competition for her role was Ana who was floundering in a meta that hard oucntered her AND had a super high skill floor.

Mercy 1.0 needed buffs, hell that’s exactly why we got the Invuln and the 60 HPS buff in the first place.

sof if suggestions go back to this time, usually most idea’s I’ve seen actually hard nerf mass rez with not only no invuln but also a cast time on top of the guranteed death for a 5 man rez.
So yeah she’d need buffs and a new E ability is the best way to go about that.

And what about we don’t bring mass rez back ?

They were careful until about January then they gave up and hit her with the sledgehammer that removed all impactful feeling that was left.
and somehow the fact that she survived that wasn’t evidence to blizzard that she needs a god damn rework

Right, and she was still the single best support for half a year more, even after they stopped being careful.

They are not reverting her, and I honestly don’t think that reworking her over and over again until it works is the way to go.

They don’t need to rework her over and over they just need to give her a single rework that wasn’t thrown together by someone who was coding something intentiaonlly OP to giggle at while they bug test a map

I’m sorry if you think blizz should be able to balance this garbage but if she was able to survive sledgehammer nerfs with caution thrown to the wind, and now the only way to make room for an ability that spits in the face of one half of Mercy’s supposed “identity” is to nerf the other half then there is no way around it
they screwed up and now they gotta fix it, and Mercy 3.0 is the only saviour we can hope for

Same balance team would come up with the next rework, and most likely the same people would program it.

The recent nerf brought her way down and allowed other supports to get play time, while not making her a throw pick.

I disagree. Big and dramatic reworks are bad for the game, at least in my opinion.

1 Like

yet we’ve had what four in the last year? 3 of which were massive failures
and yeah, they nerfed her healing to be a horrid experience to make room for an ability no one likes using

1 Like

That’s true. Rez used to be something that Mercy mains loved to use, but the enemy team hated. But now it’s an ability hated from both sides

Yeah, and you say that we need more reworks.

well yeah, no other way to fix these disasters unless you’re willing to do reverts instead

1 Like