Data for devs on PP

Tracking QP games for Priority Pass versus non.

All data was taken with fresh queues, no ‘preferred queues’ or queueing from one match directly into another. If I list “no PP” it meant I selected the role WITHOUT using a Priority Pass. All were for the Damage role (tank/support have never been >5 minutes).

Date_____(minutes listed)_____Actual Time _____Map (Win/Loss)
12/28 _____<7 (<2 w/PP) _____ 2:43 _____ Anubis (L)
12/28 _____ <6 (<2) _____ 4:43 _____ Lijang (W)
12/29 _____ <7 (<2) _____ 3:48 _____ Eichen_defense (W)
12/29 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 3:58 _____ Gibr_attack (L)
12/29 _____ <6 (<2) _____ 7:48 (no PP) _____ Illios (W)
12/29 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 7:18 (no PP) _____ Rialto_attack (W)
12/30 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 2:47 _____ Hana_attack (L)
12/30 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 3:31 _____ Blizz_defense (W)
12/30 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 7:43 (no PP) _____ Volk_defense (L)
12/30 _____ <7 (<2) _____ 3:54 _____ Nuban_attack (L)
1/1 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 1:12 _____ Paris_attack (W)
1/1 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 0:56 (no PP BACKFILL) _____ Holly_defense (L)
1/1 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 2:02 _____ Volk_attack (W)
1/1 _____ <6 (<1) _____ 1:45 _____ Oasis (W)
1/1 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 2:30 _____ Busan (LO)
1/2 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 3:03 _____ Route66_defense (L)
1/2 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 1:33 _____ Nepal (W)
1/2 _____ <4 (no PP) _____ 6:45 (no PP) _____ Havana_attack (W)
1/2 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 2:19 _____ Anubis_attack (W)
1/2 _____ <5 (<1) _____ 7:14 (no PP) _____ Volks_attack (L)

So the use of PP definitely has reduced the queue times from the <5, <6, <7 listed, but it never gets to the <1 or <2 except for the one backfill (and that one I actually didn’t even USE priority pass!). What I find interesting is that my non-PP times are actually quite a few minutes /above/ the estimate (almost always ~2 minutes). I guess the system still has trouble estimating queue times with people using PP.

I also didn’t notice an unusual trend of people ‘throwing’ or ‘lost games’, but ended with an 11-9 record, which I consider quite good for someone who mostly plays tank/support and all these 20 matches were on Damage.

Anyway, just wanted to give DEVs some actual hard data from us ‘grunts’.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion – that’s a bit hard to read. Maybe try like a google excel doc that you can share? Would be way easier to track/read.

2 Likes

google sheets would def be the way to do this

Good point. Wasn’t sure if I could link things like that. A summary would be:

14 matches with Priority Pass: screen said “<1 minute” or “<2 minute” on all, yet average wait time was 3 minutes and 2 seconds.

4 matches w/o Priority Pass: screen said “<5 minutes” or “<6 minutes” on all, yet average wait time was 7 minutes and 31 seconds.

1 match w/o Priority Pass that was a backfill in 0.56 seconds.

1 match w/o Priority Pass where initial queue times were listed as “<4 minutes” (so no Priority Pass option), but actual queue time was 6 minutes and 45 seconds.

You could also do a table using the forum markdown options. This post has a how-to on that if you want to spice up future posts or edit this one.

There’s also this one which has a lot of stuff in it

1 Like

U would need to show data from before the patch to actually prove queue times improved

1 Like

Valid point and I agree.

I was assuming that when the old system said “<6 minutes” it would basically be a queue time of 5-6 minutes…but, yeah, without having recorded that, who knows how accurate the “<6 minutes” actually was.

So best I can say from my 20 data points was that using Priority Pass reduced my queue time /as compared to NOT using Priority Pass/, but that all reported queue times were off by 2-3 minutes.