Damage orb is worse then scatter

Not really. Have it do less damage so that it disappears sooner but keep the same orb cooldown.

That’s the orb’s main weakness, too; it’s slow and it’s loud and super easy to hear coming. Head into the direction the orb is coming from to minimize your exposure to it or just head out into an open area and you’re good. It also does less than half what scatter could, and does that much over a four second duration.

1 Like

You might want to re-read.

Me: Scatter Arrow just gets aimed at my feet
You: yet it got reworked to something that ALWAYS melts tanks
Me: Yet we have a tank meta, not to mention GravDragons lasting a while

That’s me saying Hanzo has no effect on the Meta now since his been replace.

You: exactly, so having damage orb reworked has nothing to do with tanks

???

Wut.

1 Like

Since the damage is not all at once but staggered over several shots it is easier to mitigate and react to.

It is a strong ability but no where near as melting as scatter was.

2 Likes

orb was the perfect chance to make moira provide more utility for her team… instead she is a low-skill but decent reward hero :frowning:

1 Like

Pressing A, S, D or W lets your character move. Try it?

6 Likes

Stay near them? When a death orb is near you?

Why aren’t you helping your healers who are constantly being dived?

In a team game. Shocking.

???

If you hear and see one coming maybe get out of the small, enclosed space where that bouncing maximizes your exposure to it, or it it’s reoccurring several times in the match, stop going in there to begin with.

It’s a good thing that Moira’s damage orb is useless if you’re with your team.

If something takes 30 years to kill you in Overwatch, sounds like a pretty easy to deal with mechanic.

Definitely sounds like a you problem. Maybe stick with your team?

If Ana doesn’t heal you, that’s not Moira’s fault you died to the easiest mechanic in the game to heal through.

Why are you isolated as any of those characters?

2 Likes

it bounces randomly off walls

let’s say we’re at a choke point, rein throws a fire strike i move aside to avoid it, then the orb bounces to me and i’m just left wanting to delete the game

i am
bu genji isnt a random bouncing ball

and it’s the main issue people have with the game
that’s why everyone wanted a cleans ability at some point, but let’s be reasonable, there is too much click to feel good buttons for any ammount to cleans to make the game feel fair.

still it can bounce and follow me and with it’s range can still RANDOMLY UNFAIRLY KILL ME

ye sad to kno teaming up only exists in goats/diamond

pray that it doesnt bounce into you? or that you can die by someone else’s hand so that moira doesnt get that litle kill sound

and everyone that hates moira

damage orb is just more spam, the game really needs to tone down the spam and cc.

3 Likes

People really will try to spin something any kind of way…

1 Like

It’s not “random” it bounces pretty predictably and slowly off stationary points in the environment. You can’t plan ten steps ahead but if I see if moving ahead of me towards a wall facing directly towards me that’s not at an angle, it’s pretty easy to figure out it’s gonna bounce right back towards me. And no, it doesn’t just randomly hit points in the environment to hone in on you if you’re out, say, the first leg of Junkertown. It goes flying off into space.

5 Likes

Guess we can’t expect everyone to know basic trigonometry :rofl:

Since your not gonna bother, guess I won’t either.

4 Likes

you can just pick dva…

or just instalock dps and deal with it

1 Like

Umm okay… Literally just take 1 step to the left or right and you are out of its range.

6 Likes

Over a longer period of time. Higher total damage? Yes. More melting then scatter? No.

Scatter could ONE shot some tanks and place others within range of any follow up killing them.

Your argument is that scatter is less melting. Which is incorrect.

1 Like

So my choices are an ability that could one shot an Orisa or randomly kill a squishy around a corner(aka, widow V Hanzo fights were super tilted)

Orrr a sucky orb that does 60dps and moves predictably and slowly that can be countered by “just W 4head?”

I’ll keep my orb thx

2 Likes

DPS Orb at least has counter play:

• Barriers
  • Have the tank soak it
  • Genji/D.Va
  • Movement

Scatter was “Sometimes you’ll get one shot, sometimes you won’t. You can’t explain that.”

1 Like