Damage orb is worse then scatter

rant warning

While scatter was an instant death with enough luck, damage orb is like a long and painful will i die? that can and cant kill you depending on rng, and rng shouldnt exist in a game with a ranked mode

give moira a piercing exploding orb and take off succ part of it and replace it with something like this Paladins - Ability Breakdown - Imani, the Last Warder - YouTube
give her like 60 burst on a radius and maybe a slow to give it utility.

i just cant take having an orb hover by and die just bcz of luck, it’s unfair and very frustrating.

→ i just remember the word i needed :slight_smile:
DAMAGE ORB IS A RANDOM TEAM RELIANT GONNA MAYBE KILL YOU THE MOST FRUSTRATING WAY POSSIBLE

it needs to go
just delete and give moira a skillshot

edit n2 or 3 :slight_smile:
the usual responses:

• you’re off position if u die to it: we’re talking about a randomised pattern orb that changes speed and direction randomly, there is no positioning to it, it’s pure luck.

• it’s a team based game: a game where the only control you have over your life is based on your team is garbage tier design, and that’s why the devs reworked doomfist’s ult along with one shot hook and brig’s combo.

19 Likes

Damage orb couldn’t kill me as a tank unless I was on low enough health for it to kill me.

Scatter Arrow just gets aimed at my feet :man_shrugging:

74 Likes

yet it got reworked to something that ALWAYS melts tanks, scatter was removed bcz it was frustrating and inconsistent, just go read the ptch notes.

7 Likes

Damage Orb annoys me, but I’ll take that over instadeath scatter.

51 Likes

well if the devs cared, we’d have neither

4 Likes

You think you want this but you really don’t. I on the other hand as someone who loves playing moira would welcome this change.

2 Likes

Damage Orb is tickle damage though if you’re with your team, though. It actually cannot kill you.

That’s the reason I’m fine with it overall outside of the irritation of the pinball effect.

5 Likes

if it doesnt deal more then 60 dmg it wont be a problem

even with your team, if it just ricochets into you and you die and it’s soooooooooooo frustrting, it legit made me hate moira and i get instantly toxic when i see her

Yet we have a tank meta, not to mention GravDragons lasting a while :thinking:

Frustrating yes. Inconsistent? *See my aim at the feet comment.

2 Likes

Scatter can’t be outhealed with a Zen Orb though, nor can it be rendered a non-threat by simply standing near your teammates.

If you’re by yourself, completely isolated from your healers, all while playing a character with zero escape or recovery tools, then yeah, Moira Orbs is EXACTLY like Scatter.

8 Likes

exactly, so having damage orb reworked has nothing to do with tanks

read the patch notes, it was inconsistant, it was an rng maybe yes maybe no button and there is enough youtube videos for you to know it

and scatter when hitting you doesnt take 30 years to either kill you unfairly or just frustrate you till mental breakdown, it was an instant you died or not.

happens a lot

let’s say ana is busy healing the tank

i dont have the list on my mind, but let’ say zenyatta, or mccree or just 76 without biotics,

well yes, and it’s very frustrating, specially with the range and bouncing it has.

ok tracer has the mobility to escape the orb anyway so all this point you made is useless

still better then 1-200 dmg that you have no control over

yet it still can which is sooooooooooo annoying, in game with such a map geometry and where the only hero who can aoe heal being moira welp … (yes lucio and brig dont count)

long cooldown bionade, where the out play would be a genji going in for the kill, with moira u just need to click a button and pray

i kno, now go get the requirements in every possible situation

yes it’s soooooooooo frustrating

give moira storm arrow and i’ll be happy

and a nerf to no skill moira

tell them to stay near me

and in fast paced hero shooter where healers are either always busy or being flanked, welp

another idea is that it’s too team relaiant

her self healing and click to not die buttons?

but they bounce randomly

no

yet it is more consistant and can deal up to double scatter damage

low skill rng button

Played Tracer for 10+ seasons. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You literally had to have Diamond blink flicks to play Tracer in Gold back in the day. If you couldn’t kill a Hanzo, you just didn’t rank up and it was the easiest thing in the world for them to kill Tracer with Scatter.

I literally used to jump Hanzo players like my acc would get permanently banned if I died to them and beat them into the floor and harassed them like no other on sight.

Never had to take it to a Moira player like that. EZ kill by comparison. Honestly way more bothered by the knockback on Junkrat’s mine.

4 Likes

60 burst aoe damage while slowed? You are changing getting tickled to death to getting CCd and burst damaged. You would also basically be incapable of escaping moira once she set her eyes on you and started to dps.

5 Likes

As long as you’re with your team and you have at least one healer, it actually is nearly impossible to reliably kill you. The only time it’s killed me when I was with my team was when I was Ana and I had 30 HP, and I was too stupid to heal myself lol.

1 Like

No if you’re with your team it spreads out the damage and you’re actually way safer. It can do a maximum of 200 damage spread out among all of you over a four second duration.

5 Likes

Dmg orb sucks when it bounces off a wall right behind you… It is just another irritant bliz added to the game for some reason.
How else would Moira get 5 golds?

I don’t think it’s that big of a deal but another part of me wants DPS Moiras to stop existing so maybe increase the rate of decay for the orb - so it works the same but disappears faster.

That would be a buff to DPS Moiras.

1 Like

Remember, if you have less than 200 hp, stand near literally any ally and you’re golden.

Then your issue here should really be with your teams healers or lack thereof. If you were in the group and at hp low enough to be killed by 200/6 damage…they failed you.

Should also say I’m not a Moira fan. I don’t believe in the “brain dead” hero claims but if I had to put a hero there, I’d put Moira.

I just don’t think Damage Orb is why she’s annoying. :stuck_out_tongue: that might be the least of my problems with her.