Daily thread of Please fix Sombra, bug list inside!

thanks for responding about the sombra stuff.
It feels as though we’ve been yelling into a void about this stuff for a long time and its nice to get some response.

It seems there is a bug that is being exploited on payload maps to keep the payload from moving by having Sombra translocate inside the payload.

Link to reddit thread → https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/9418h4/sombra_exploit_on_rialto/?st=jkcwpl7r&sh=35e4aabb

Yea I recorded some small testing on this for my own Sombra 1.26 bug threat but here is the video:

Thanks! I added both bugs.

Well if we are on 1.26 Sombra bug here are some more: Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] xD

Hey, thank you for replying, one of my biggest frustrations was that we had obvious bugs and concern and received nothing but silence.

However, many sombra players concerns about sombra’s most recent changes(which a good portion of the community at all levels of play feels is a nerf). Hack bugs still seem to persist, they’re not as bad, granted, but they’re still…bad. I understand that there is a good amount of resources being put into summer games. So I understand a response not being immediate and how that may be the team’s priority. Hacks still take up to 1.5 seconds to complete and break for no apparent reason. The entire game still lags when I start hacking(console), and a recent change to translocator has lead to it sticking to places(i.e. high ground where I fall as soon as I warp to it because the game registers that I am actually standing on nothing when I translocate.

I, as someone who considers sombra their best and most effective character, am still hit with toxicity and yelled at to switch to another dps I am less effective with because the community still considers sombra to be a throw pick. In fact, people have just left games I was in upon seeing that I picked sombra. And this is in competitive no less. People would rather lose 50 sr than have a sombra on their team.

This reputation comes because of toxicity, yes, but it also comes from her being quite fairly considered underpowered.

I am someone who has attempted to stay positive on these changes, and I am confident she will receive proper buffs soon. However, I hope that you understand that i would like a more consistent line of communication between devs, moderators, and players. Because currently, the last word on sombra, in the eyes of much of the community is “nerf.” Which I think we can all agree is bad for the game, and for players of that hero. If we could receive some response on sombra’s current iteration, then that would be lovely.

Thank you for your time,
S. Squid

P.s.
please don’t take this as an attack on yourself or the development team for that matter. I understand that it’s difficult to make one hero a priority when they were just recently changed. However, these are the concerns of someone who plays a hero a lot, and I think these concerns are worthy of consideration.

3 Likes
2 Likes

To give a tl:dr for my comment

1. Hack still breaks and takes longer than .65 seconds.
  2. Hack causes the game to lag on console
  3. Translocator now attaches to the edge of ledges causing sombra to fall as soon as she teleports.
  4. Community has percieved changes as a nerf to a throw pick which leads to a lot of toxicity and thrown games for sombra players.
  5. I understand if your busy but having an open line of communication with players is important as many of us felt quite hung out to dry after the los changes, so being more communicative would be nice.
2 Likes

Hey Tom saw you were online and posting, could we get some follow up?

First of Thanks for replying on my post (I need to keep my reply spot open for new bug update replies so I reply here.)

To your bugs:

1. Is still in 1.27 I encountered both today
  2. I can’t test these because I’m a PC user but Blizzard confirmed them to be fixed on the PTR that hit live yesterday with the Summer games so I think its fixed
  3. They think destroyable TL fixes this but I sometimes when you don’t have the time to look where exactly TL landed you will fall off because it landed near on such a cliff but you didn’t saw it so fixing that would be necessary too.
2 Likes

I think number 2 is better because it’s not literally every hack anymore but it still did seem to happen yesterday. NUmber 1’s persistence is quite discouraging not gonna lie

1 Like

I think i took her bugs to another level xD

Well, i finally got one

Took me this long to get one on video since they’ve become pretty rare for me now. I get the translocator bug more often than the hack one, or atleast, often enough that i’m actually getting them on video.

Really annoying when you’re trying to do a midair teleport

1 Like

For the Hack break these are commen and come in all shapes and sizes (sometimes it just takes 1.3s to hack sometimes in disconnect completly. Or something else happens)

For the TL spinning bug its can r caust by 2 thing:

1. You died just before your could Translocate (but you already pressed the button) then it will shortly take you to where you died on your next Tranlocate.

2. You destroyed TL just after trying to use it so you don’t accauly get fully Translocated but get put back. This would shortly tale you to where you did that on your next Translocate

Yeah that’s basically how the TL spin bug works. Kinda odd that it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Someone once commented that they no longer get the bug where Sombra dies after translocating, i’ve always assumed that the fix to that is what led to the TL spin bug.

I’m still waiting for this to be fixed. It would make countering Doomfist and Tracer a heck of a lot easier.

2 Likes

I have not been playing so often in the past year, can any Sombra player help me by telling me which of these bugs are still present in the game so I can update the OP?

WHY. WHY a YEAR later? Why not just make a new thread ffs? Would it really be THAT much effort to just type up something new?

1 Like

5 Likes