Daily thread of Please fix Sombra, bug list inside!

Fitzy actually did this in a recent stream. He was trying to hack the Mercy but the reticle shifted to the Winston that got in his way and hacked the monkey instead.

lol

Curious exactly what the LoS conditions are now. It’s been pretty good so far but i haven’t been playing her enough recently to do tests on how it works (Finished FarCry5 and TombRaider, now going through Doom :stuck_out_tongue:) .

Usually i throw as soon as the place i want to go comes into view as i turn the corner and it ends up bouncing. Yesterday i was exploring the maps with the new Sombra and noticed the translocator wasn’t bouncing anymore but i wasn’t sure.

Awesome!

1 Like

does it really resolve it though? i mean ya, if you notice that its placed in a spot where it shouldn’t be, you’re now able to destroy it. However, maybe its just me and i just need to learn not to do this habit sometimes we need to jump into the fray as quickly as possible and throw the translocator somewhere not really looking at where its landing (because it takes a while to actually land), do sombra things and then translocate off the map. It still doesnt feel like its supposed to happen but it does.

DUDE! i honestly thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me! Ive been seeing it since she was buffed in PTR… There is no hanzo or widow and yet sometimes you can see her across the map in her pink silhouette. i was going to address this but again i thought it was just me since i never saw anyone else mention it. If thats the case its not just in FFA its in QP too and if THATS the case then certainly in Comp.

Two years. She’s has bugs since the day she came out that never got resolved.

3 Likes

Well there are already new ones:

Have you seen the reports of massive frame rate drops when hacking during a team fight? Seems more prevalent around Hammond and his minefield.

Occurs mostly on console but I’ve seen people say they’ve had the issue on PC too.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s hideous. As with all of Sombras bugs, it doesn’t happen every time.

Frame rate drops big style on hack - for me it’s seemed worse on larger targets (more likely to happen on a D.Va than a Mercy, for example).

In case it helps identify the cause; it was introduced with the Hammond patch.

Xbox One here.

2 Likes

Is it intended that speed boost abilities automatically break Hack, regardless of tracking?

Thank you so much for letting us know you are working on these bugs! This is the best news ever!

1 Like

So, how is Reinhardt coming along? Considering he has more bugs now.

I think that it has something to do with Wrecking Ball’s shell casings, they take a couple seconds to despawn.

1 Like

I did see that was an issue on the PTR, thought they patched it though.

Your guess is correct, activating the ability will take you to where the beacon was at that time, but you still visually see the beacon travel for a bit. There’s definitely an intention to clean it up!

We’re aware of the reports and a fix is already up on PTR.

It isn’t intended for speed boost abilities to automatically break hack.

11 Likes

YES!

Thanks so much for responding, that was making her almost unberable to play for me but seeing confirmation on a fix is fantastic!

2 Likes

I know it has been mentioned before, but I think it is time for a PTR for consoles. It is great that a fix for the Sombra hack is already on PTR, but console users will have to wait for the live release to find out if it actually works…

1 Like

Hi Tom, really thanks for the updates!
I’ve run into another bug yesterday in a game, I could reproduce it. I’m pretty sure it is connected to reducing the size of the TP.

Here is the evidence:
ahttps://gfycat.com/SpiffyDeficientAnole
Would be nice if OP could add it to the list or a level 3 user could repost it.

It is 100% reproducable that the TP falls through that tiny gap.

What’s not reproducable is that sometimes you can TP down there and you are stuck below the planks on a little rail or so, while other times it teleports you but you stay on top of the planks. I guess that’s based on where the TP exactly lands.

Thanks in advance to everyone making it visible or solving it.

2 Likes

Thanks! I edited the main post and added your gif and another couple of examples of a similar problem from Fitzty’s streams.

Does anyone know if it’s intended that when Zarya Bubbles an invisible Sombra the effect is visible to the enemy team? Or is this a bug?

It’s pretty troll on the Zarya’s part, and can result in death of the Sombra if she’s in the enemy backline.

Woah, this is crazy. Thank you so much for your response.