Daily reminder: Valkyrie is unengaging to use

Didn’t say it was or wasn’t just nano is gonna make anything powerful

I’m positive it was like double the damage on her shots. Meaning body shots were doing 40 + nano making it 60 damage per pellet was actually busted plus she was shooting more than 5 pellets a second. :thinking:

No its still double projectile speed on live

daily muted mercy thread <3

2 Likes

Another reminder: I clearly said “in my opinion” and no where said it was fact

There’s always hope! We were told Dva wouldn’t be touched and she was nerfed as well. There’s always hope and where’s the harm in asking?
Besides apparently causing you major distress and anger

4 Likes

The best part of zen is discording and shooting, his ult takes away from the nature of that and makes you an op heal bot. unengaging.

the best part of genji is his shurikens, his ult takes that away. unengaging

The best part of bastion is SHREDDING. S H R E D D I N G. His ult literally lowers your DPS. Unengaging

the best part of moira is her orbs. her ult takes that away. unengaging.

roadhog. hook. ult. no hook. unengaging.

You get me? Such is the nature of transformation ultimates. They replace aspects of a kit which you may like.

(genji shurikens and moira orbs were just examples, but the point was that those are probably the favorite part of at least one person so)

5 Likes

Why do you feel obligated to remind everyone daily about your opinion? Just tell us once fam, we get it, you do not have to remind us. We dont care.

4 Likes

The difference is mercy doesn’t “replace” aspects of her kit/play style, it just eliminates them which is horrible for skill ceiling. All of those ults require great timing(especially Zens) and acute concentration and use while activated, Mercy’s Valk is very forgiving, too forgiving imo

Haven’t actually made a Mercy post in a while, mainly have been doing it on #ReworkMercy but felt inclined to make one

3 Likes

Ever hear the saying opinions are like a holes?

2 Likes

Ya see… You said Mercy, so now everyone is going to freak out.
Even though you make valid points, which should apparently be ignored. Geeee, I guess we’re gonna ignore Orisa because she’s “balanced” too.

Why do I always like to play the weaker heroes…

4 Likes

It’s usually the way it goes. Anytime Mercy is mentioned in a thread what’s actually in the thread isn’t focused on, but some unreasonable hatred for Mercy herself

2 Likes

I kind of feel like it’s more distrust for how Blizzard would handle any changes. They like to mess up a lot… But I really want to see Mercy changed for the better. There have been so many Mercy mains asking for similar changes, such as myself. What you mentioned is 100% the issue with Valkyrie currently.

Zens ult is just like: someone on your team low? Multiple people low? Lets GO.
I find it really easy to use.

It does replace things. It replaces her single beam with a chaining one. Replaces her crappy mobility with pogu mobility. Gives her ammo. Speed.

Literally every heroes skill ceiling goes down when they use their transformation ult. With moira her range is increased and it does more healing and damage. It makes you move faster. You just need to track. You already needed to. Her skill ceiling is reduced. Same with road. Same with bastion.
Genji is one of the only heroes whos transformation ult makes him harder, not easier (but some could argue it makes him easier)

And acting like you dont need to time valk is disingenious. I would say valk is one of the most wasted ults in all of OW; because people are really bad at using it and dont use it to initiate as much as they should with the teamwide damage boost.

I actually havent and im curious asf

Are you sure? It doesn’t really feel like it…

Yes I’m sure, I battle mercy on a daily, I can tell yhe difference in speed between regular and valk bullets

You could have used almost any other example and it would have been better… There are so many times when it’s horrible to use Moira’s ult because she loses her fade, and it can easily be countered by CC. You need to avoid CC heroes while also being able to heal/damage the correct targets. She can also still be focused down because she only has a 50hp/s self heal (it sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t).
Coalescence does NOT make playing Moira any easier. Just sayin.

2 Likes

But for Zen, was that the best use just cause there’s Critical allies? Did you just use it for that and have nothing available for an enemy ult that’s upcoming?

Now, I’m not the expert mercy player but as far as I’ve learned, the best timing for Valk is when the enemy team has no ults or you already have a pick. It’s an Ult for a fight where your team already has the advantage.

All those ults do “lower the skill ceiling” but are also shorter duration and way more powerful.
Zen does 300hps
Moira can do 140hps AND 70DPS
Road can do up to 5000 damage
Genji becomes angry man with pure hatred and power to kill squishies

Valk? It negates splash damage. Damage boost is good but is very reliant upon your team on how effective it becomes AND you’re ONLY focused one damage boosting

4 Likes

The loss of her fade still reduces her skill ceiling though? Its a skill that you had that you no longer have. I could argue that its harder to dodge ults like high noon and visor during valk thus increasing her skill ceiling.

Finding cover is easier than you would expect. And she doesn’t lose her guardian angel, so she can still actually move around.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a Moira pop her ult and die immediately… Timing is a LOT more important than you would expect. Removing fade doesn’t reduce her skill ceiling at all, as she becomes an easier target. Her positioning becomes that much more important. That, and she needs to focus a bit more on tracking when she’s using her ultimate as well.

Yes, without a doubt. It is (almost) always better to win the fight now than win the fight later. Will using this ult give us a sizeable advantage in winning this fight? If yes = ult. If no (the fights already won or lost) = no.

Its to initiate because teamwide damage boost makes your enemy tanks walk backwards and gives your team free space because thats a lot of damage.

I dont think that was an original topic, no? Are the ults still not unengaging as they make the hero simpler? I could make up 900 reasons for why I think valk is actually a top teir ult (I think its better than almost all DPS ults) but that doesnt attack what you think is the core issue- it being unengaging?

She gets a ton of health regen + faster movement speed. I think it cancels out. Fade requires timing… ult requires power walking (floating?) backwards. Everything else still results in a net loss of skill ceiling (which I dont even think is a bad thing)