Daily reminder: Valkyrie is unengaging to use

I enjoy Valkyrie for the aesthetic and concept, but the overall structure of it is wonky.
Valkyires biggest problem is it doesn’t give a veteran Mercy much chance of showing more skill over that of a beginner Mercy. It eliminates a skill ceiling.

What causes this?
In my opinion, the biggest portion of Valkyrie that is unengaging is equal chain beams.
Out of ult, Mercy’s fun and enjoyment comes from target juggling, which includes Guardian angel to zip around the battle field and heal whoever is in most need. That quick play style of constantly having to decide who should be healed in an instant and weighing risk vs reward is essential to her fun aspect.

As well, a big part to why I personally(and maybe others) feel a bit underpowered in Valk, is your focused target(main beam) is only receiving 60hps… essentially feeling like you had to gain an entire ult… to do 10hps more than usual.

Equal Chain beams eliminate that juggling aspect.

I’d much rather have a stronger main beam than chain beams
Or
Simply give the main beam now a slight buff, say 80hps(which could be a little boost buff to put her at a sweet spot)

I’ll agree that Mercy is numerically pretty close to balanced but because of the road that has lead to this, she’s lost a skill ceiling.

#reworkMercy

58 Likes

you can keep this daily reminder to urself

70 Likes

I did for myself already and thought it’d be nice to pop one here!

6 Likes

Unless it’s to replace resurrect, no thank you.

11 Likes

Seconded with 20 characters.

6 Likes

I’ve seen many ideas for this and wouldn’t be opposed! It’d make balancing her far more easier and would probably give way to more engagement

2 Likes

Well, what would be more fun, in an intentionally vague sense:

• More beam juggling
  • More GA/Mobility usage
  • More healing
  • Damage prevention
  • Some sort of utility
  • Damaging stuff
3 Likes

What? The best part of Valkyrie isn’t the heal beam. It’s the infinite ammo and flight, and the double projectile speed. That’s how you show some skill :grin:

7 Likes

Agreed pistol is fun but it also is against her entire design/concept. It also gets you reported for “throwing” because a “healer dedicated to raw healing output” is DPSing

2 Likes

If it was throwing they wouldn’t have included it in the design. They gave the pistol infinite ammo and double projectile speed in Valkyrie to encourage people to use it. The problem is that people who play competitive are d—s.

5 Likes

The biggest skill of mercy is movement and valkyrie opens up a lot of different options in that regard

5 Likes

I use my ult for more damage boost than healing currently.

I only heal if I notice teams heal dips too much

2 Likes

Daily reminder: Your opinion is not fact

6 Likes

Hence the “my opinion” part and hence me never saying this is a fact.

1 Like

I’m pretty positive the only “buff” remaining on the pistol is unlimited ammo. I believe they removed the increased damage and projectile speed on the PTR before the release.

They did cause it was deemed “too powerful”

Lmfaooooo did you see Nano valk Mercy? That was actually insane.

8:08

What if healing to 60hps and res only available during Valkyrie?

I mean almost any hero nanoed is gonna be powerful even now a Valking Nanoed mercy can be super strong

Oh boy. If you think that was balanced…