Daily Hero Opinion: Reaper

Daily opinion on reaper, just killed one today as Orisa… in solo… now i want to give him a hug honestly : I

1 Like

Reaper needs a definitive spot as a dps (flanker or tank buster)

Hog next pls.

3 Likes

I wish Blizzard would give his shotguns a reduced spread.

2 Likes

I might be alone on this, but I feel like he doesn’t need a major buff. Just something Hammond sized would make a huge difference, since tanks are also being very oppressed ATM.

Speaking of Hammond, he’s a pretty interesting topic to talk about tomorrow!

Sincerely,
The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement

1 Like

I can make a poll. As Hammond and Hog were both suggested

Sincerely,

If anyone wants an in-depth read of someone with 200+ hours on Reaper and has played in every rank: I’ll leave this here (71 likes) Why Reaper s̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ and what he needs - K he still sucks 12/18/2018 (46 upvotes)

tl;dr – He’s more frustrating to play, has a dry kit, has a useless E ability that isn’t helpful in teamfights whatsoever.

3 Likes

Doomfist and reaper are both leaders of Talon

Sincerely,

3 Likes

Reaper is cool, intimidating, epic, and scary all at the same time.

IN THE LORE

In game, he is kind of a joke, I’m some ways xd

2 Likes

Tank buster with 1/2 dmg to armor
Closerange with low mobility
A teleport that’s slightly faster than running
Had his 3 biggest counters buffed and now Torb/Hog are getting changes before Reaper

He’s terrible now and is in desperate need for a buff

4 Likes

Has potential as a hero but should honestly just be used as a counter pick. Shadowstep is a poor ability but still useful and underrated.

He is fine… it’s more wrecking ball and other tanks.

He has not really a role right now.
Not even a niche

2 Likes

ok maybe he is not fine.

What does this even mean. “just be used as a counter pick” Um.

By the time you get into Masters (and hell even past gold?) , it’s really not useful. It’s also not underrated it’s just the games been out for 2 years; everyone knows maps and popular “Reaper teleport and drop down deathblossom spots” Shadowstep is for Quickplay / anyone with no sense of awareness. Once in a blue moon I can punish a tunnel visioning widow but outside of that it really adds nothing to his character and intended playstyle and he deserves a more useful ability.

2 Likes

In his current state he should be used as a counter pick for the most part, what don’t you understand?

Have you watched Spirit play Reaper? He uses shadow step to position every fight.

1 Like

I had, what I thought was, a pretty good idea to fix Reaper.

2 Likes

But he’s not because he’s really not doing too hot. We’ve had triple tank meta multiple times and he’s not picked because he’s PRETTY EASY TO KILL.

Oh great, you’re someone who uses a player that represents the .00001% as part of a debate. Please don’t bring up Spirit as while he’s a phenomenal player, he’s also stated that Reaper needs help. Yes, Shadow step can be used to position. It’s still very risky and still not really contributing to a TEAM FIGHT. Genji / Widow / Tracer technically all have abilities they can use to position. Those abilities can also be used in the middle of a fight.

(I only bring up those heroes as they’re the easiest to demonstrate, Sombra was probably a better example)

2 Likes

Did I ever say Reaper was in a good state? Did I ever say he didn’t need help?

You said his teleport is useful and underrated which I respectively disagreed with. I also disagree with using the top player to back up that shadow step is fine. (Which again, your comment suggests that shadow step was fine)

1 Like

Death Comes, DING DING HERE I AM