What is blizzard doing nowadays

oh crap the grammar police

… YOU’LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE

2 Likes

One thing I want more than anything I this game: 10v10

It turns most games into a more casual playstyle, therefore less toxic.

I’m tired of the competitive feeling, I want to go back to having fun.

1 Like

I’d love for Overwatch to have a map editor or similar, even to be able to host dedicated servers with a lot more customization. They (at least used to) have a very creative fan base and it’s amazing to see what creative people can accomplish.

But… that won’t happen. Sorry. Can’t monetize that!

Actually, the Blizzard Dev wants to create a map editor for player to create their own maps and such, but it’s not up on their high priority. Well with how things are going, I am honestly not that surprise since they are getting so busy to the point where we’re not getting new holiday event content, or other pve content.

More than likely preparing for season 2 of OWL while masking the lack of content behind “faster” balance patches.

Here ya go:

1 Like

TF2 has seen a few major patches. They only come out twice a year, but they get most things right.

The game has improved since you quit, while Overwatch has gotten worse.

If you like Tf2, keep playing it. Unless you main Spy.

I’m stunned by that,
how an old game is still thriving while the newer prettier and with way more press is going down

I’m pretty sure there is some idiot on a very high power place on Blizzard right now making stupid decisions that affect the games, and we have never heard of him/her

and my main is pyro or suicide demo

actually, let’s compare that right there

there is a way in tf2 to get a set of items that allow you to go running head first into an enemy player and kill yourself and them due to an explosion with a melee hit with a grenade

now that is fun gameplay

I can’t think of a similar thing in overwatch

1 Like

Maybe experience plays a big role. Do you know about the Jungle Inferno and Blue Moon updates? The Pyro is quite different now.

TF2 hasn’t added much in over a decade but you’re upset that OW devs aren’t adding more?

:thinking:

no no no no no

what upsets me is that having a fun game doesn’t seem to be on their priority list, and i believe that should always be the number 1 thing

Found the guy whose never played Tf2.

I left the game when the tickets arrived, or at least around that time

I just thought that, the moment when tf2 went f2p, was a very controversial time for the players

yet, I feel like that would be the best thing that could happen to overwatch right now

1 Like

No, I haven’t. It hasn’t interested me at all, and the fan base seems constantly annoying as they quickly out themselves as such.

But I still play plenty of other video games to compare and I can still look at see what they add and I have watched streamers play over the years:

teamfortress_com/history.php

An average 2-3 updates a year, some solely minor visual updates or some map changes. Balance patches that occur every other year or so.

Anyway to Bes7ia
I think Overwatch is a lot more team dependent due to the way its designed. Characters are often restricted to 2-3 abilities and many are situational dependent. I think that is a lot less freedom than TF2 or most other FPS games offer so it can come off as more frustrating or less fun. I think the devs are doing better with the recent balance patches, but I think inherently it’ll continue to feel that way for a while. I think maybe it will feel better once the game gets more characters to add more variety or game play decisions to the game.

Wasn’t that back in 2014? I’m actually a newer player, started in 2017. They fixed Pyro, he’s not the strongest class, but he can do this:

And they still get more done than the Overwatch team does (although the community does do a lot of the art now since there’s 8ish Tf2 devs left).

There’s even a unique event every now and then, next one’s going to have an Asian theme.

That’s cool but I don’t see it being so much more spectacular than overwatch, granted I don’t really play much for events. Personally, game cosmetics don’t do much for me (including ow skins). I just want faster balance patches and character releases.

1 Like

hitting for 110 damage at 70 accuracy

What I’m trying to say is that the Tf2 team does better balancing with one big patch twice a year than Blizzard does with all its monthly patches. I don’t even know how its possible either, but I’ve seen both and have been more satisfied with the Tf2 team’s results (good thing too, cuz when they slip up it doesn’t get fixed for 6 months).
In there most “recent” patch they removed all hard cc from the game and made a bunch of weapons viable. Around the same time, Blizz made Brigitte.