D3stroyerGM - Rendering Device Lost

i’ve got the same problem, just bought the game and can’t play

B9gq21gK

i crashed with the same messenge that my drivers wasn’t up to date (just the frist time then never after) then i went and did a clean install and still crashed right after the caracter models rendered (3sec) and i’ve confirmed that, that is endeed the problem by clicking right into config and also in play where there’s none of that and i got no crash until i tried entering a match and it happened again, the thing is that this is the only game that this happened

edit: just found out that if i go fast to the settings and change everything to the lowest it does NOT crash. at least for this while.
gonna see which of the individual settings ends up crashing my game

edit2: it looks like a gpu instabilitily issue of some sort cuz no matter what i change the crashes still continue and are ramdom tho, they give a spike in gpu usage right before crashing. setting to lowest possible settings gave me more time before crash, but only that. gpu is still lower than 20% usage always and never really pasted 305mb in video memory. it is really wierd, but i saw smth abou bios update crashing in ryzen and will look up to that my ryzen 2700 never really stressed too tho

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/your-rendering-device-has-been-lost-game-crashes/510315/12?u=d3stroyergm-1312
if i find out which one is crashing i’ll make sure to let you guys know!

Hey, D3stroyerGM! I moved you over to a new thread, so that we could work with you on this issue. Neither of the other threads looked similar to the type of Rendering Device Lost crashes here.

As for the Ryzen concerns, there was a known issue with Ryzen processors had issues with memory management, which updating the BIOS to AGESA 1.0.0.6a helped resolve. Based on the motherboard and processor here, this shouldn’t be a concern. The other Ryzen issue is with 3600/3600X processors, only (so far), where any BIOS versions after 1.0.0.3abb caused issues. It looks like this should be the standard BIOS that comes with the motherboard and its not the processors reporting the issue, so it should be fine.

My concern is more towards the drivers, possibly application conflicts, or some sort of hardware level issue since you mentioned that the GPU usage and VRAM is low.

Let’s try reverting to the 19.11.1 drivers using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) tool to see if this helps. Once done, try closing any background apps on start up.

If it continues, could you provide a screenshot of HWMonitor while running the game? Use an image sharing website like imgur and paste the URL between two ` (~ key) like so:

`Link Here`