D.va main here. Wondering why you'd nerf

My guess is that a red flag went up in their metrics somewhere saying that Torb was too effective against smaller hitboxes.

My wild guess though.

Still…Torb of all characters? So absurd imo.

Jeff himself said Torb is a beast and he’s way OP in his interview with Stylosa.

1 Like

Was that interview on April 1st? :open_mouth:

https://youtu.be/iyDaAf1qw6Q?t=1216

Although no one complained about torb here I did see constant posts here and there about Torb being a sleeper pick

We’ve clearly hit the point where the team are bored of their own game and barely play it, they have no clue what is actually going on in game if they think Torb needed a nerf.

They’re probably all playing Apex like everyone else these days.

3 Likes

Sometimes it feels like they balance half of the roster for themselves as players, and another part for OWL.

2 Likes

Which pretty much invalidates his credibility as a Dev, IMO. I’m sure we’ll have Symmetra nerfs next because the Bronze players can’t shoot 30hp turrets and her damage is “out of control.”

Very true.
Don’t get me wrong, out of the dev teams for all the games I play, i respect and like the OW dev team the most. But sometimes I question their balancing reasoning…I try to make it make sense, but it just doesn’t.
And nerfing Torb just doesn’t make sense.

Too bad the devs were no sleeping. Rofl! It is moments like that where I genuinely believe they have their ear to the ground.

According to Jeff, it’s because they think lower rank players are having problem with Torb (which is not true)
-A low rank player

2 Likes

The reason he wasnt seen much is cus heroes like him and sym still have a stigma attached. His overdrive shotgun was VERY good and will probably still be very good after the nerf. People are way overreacting on the torb and dva nerfs imo

What??? o__o
That’s silly lol

The stigma has nothing to do with the fact that both him and symmetra, while better, are still not the best picks. Sure ppl are jerks to them, I main D.va and Widow, Widow has a horrible stigma and ppl usually cry and moan outside of super high elos, when you pick Widow in comp…they don’t even give you a chance. But Widow is much more balanced and viable than Symmetra and Torb. If they were more viable, stigma or not, they’d be played more.

And I’m not really overreacting to his nerf, nowhere did i said this was going to ruin Torb and he’d be super F tier and never played again in the history of the game, or etc. lol
I’m just wondering why in the world they’d nerf the dude who’s never seen…if they were that concerned about how a hero feels at lower elos, there are other heroes they could have looked at for sure.

Not saying the nerf was needed as i dont really play him but he was seeing alot of successful play, especially in higher ranks (from streams i watched) and i think sym is very viable right now. Theyre just both a little bit harder to get value out of than most other dps so people dont give them a chance. Same thing happens whenever a new hero comes out, alot of people ignorantly assume its a bad pick cus most people havent learnt the potential of the hero.

His win-rate was around 60%.

He’s also strong in Bunker.

He said it jokingly and is not the reason why he got nerfed.

This is a more likely reason, after he had his HP buffed.

I’ve actually heard a lot of people complain about Torb being OP at like 3.8k+

Muh Torb tho :c

I’m guessing this is why.

1 Like

PFFFF, why would anyone care what the actual reason for the nerf was when you can put on a tinfoil hat and come up with some far-fetched theory instead

No need to be a smug donkey.
I never came up with any far-fetched theory as to why he was nerfed…I was actually asking WHY they’d nerf a character that’s never seen, that’s all.

i know you’re trying to be cute/funny, but I already read that…I still don’t understand why a character that’s barely seen and still viewed as a niche/troll pick, would get a nerf while others are more deserving.

The only reasoning I could understand is that maybe it’s overbearing in lower elos. But like I mentioned before, there are many other heroes that are far more overbearing and FAR MORE USED in lower elos, than torby. If that was REALLY part of the reasoning, then why not go after other heroes first?

Just saying, Torby needs some love, not nerfs. :woman_shrugging: