D.va is the only unplayable tank

Good job blizz. The tank meta is actually amazing right now, give d.va a few buffs and we could see the return of dive and the circle of counters completed. It feels like legitimately any of the tank and d.va sometimes are playable and this only adds to the super short queue times. thank you jeff.

no /s.

3 Likes

Dva is not unplayable, where are you getting this from. even if she was, this is the first time Dva isnt busted since the game came out. She has consistently been meta for almost the entire life span of OW.

17 Likes

I think Dva had been in nearly every meta since the game launched.

3 Likes

Dva is not unplayable, where are you getting this from. even if she was, this is the first time Dva isnt busted since the game came out. She has consistently been meta for almost the entire life span of OW.

She is, if you want to win, you don’t play d.va, when dive is run its monkey ball.

I think Dva had been in nearly every meta since the game launched.

So has ana (- Dive). doesn’t mean they are good or bad. d.va has been over tuned for a while but that has no bearing on her state now. its like saying reaper mei are bad because they used to be despite being played at the highest level of play. d.va is getting played in OWL right now because many OWL off tanks are very rusty on the other off tanks.

1 Like

Ok well you’re showing me you dont know how dive works. Dive needs dva or your main tank just planks when they try to dive without defense matrix. DM is still powerful as hell. Thinking people are playing dva just because they are rusy on others is stupid and not true. If one character is clearly better than one another, the other wont be played, no discussion. If a player cant adapt to the new meta they wont play, simple. Dva is just good in this meta, like every other one because she is still very powerful.
As for ana she has also missed out on goats and the current meta. She has had play time on both but its been far too low to consider her as a apart of the meta. Ana is far more balanced then dva.

1 Like

D.Va is still good for me, but I have always played her defensively. She is super easy to kill because of her huge crit box so I make sure if I’m diving someone I can get back to a healer quickly or there’s a big health pack somewhere nearby.

3 Likes

Every tank, actually every character has maps and tactics that they do better or worse than others with. Dva is still one of the best dive tanks, along with gorilla. I’ve played some games against Dva this week that have been unbearably tough to deal with. She’s still super powerful, just situational, like all of them.

Dva is frequently subbed out for hog in orisa hog and is frequently played along side Hammond in over watch league. Dva is not unplayable or even close.

2 Likes

Played dva for placements today. Went 4w-1l. She is a very great tank. If you aren’t Garbo with her.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

This is pure ignorance. Pros have all the time more than anyone else to practice what’s most effective. D.va is still used BECAUSE she’s still valuable.

She IS worse than before, obviously, due to her repeated nerf, but really she’s still on par with the other offtanks.

thats how dive with d.va functions, if you required DM to dive then Hammond wouldn’t ever be played, but he is.
And no you could get away with a d.va onetrick offtank in OWL because thats all that was needed. she gets played because their offtank players aren’t OWL standard on the other off tanks.
she isnt powerful as her main utility cannot keep Winston up during his dive so the extra disruption form Hammond is better.

This is pure ignorance. Pros have all the time more than anyone else to practice what’s most effective. D.va is still used BECAUSE she’s still valuable.She IS worse than before, obviously, due to her repeated nerf, but really she’s still on par with the other offtanks.

Yes but many OWL players wouldn’t be practicing heroes they dont need so they dont practice them, its down to who has previous experience on these other characters where the difference lies. she isnt at all on par with the other off tanks. the other two offtanks have now both DEFINED a meta being absolute MUST picks Zarya during goats and Hog in this meta.

according to overwatch central on meta talk, only off tank thats doing bad is zarya but thats basing playstyle on bunker meta aka orisa/hog but the thing is, ppl are still playing rein alot until past plat so this is one meta that folks plat and below shouldn’t adapt to.

yeah this is what is heard from overwatch centeral’s youtube vid.

You typed Winston wrong.

She was meta because she was actually a tank that could protect her team.

No, Zarya is the most powerful off tank when you dont look at the state of the characters that support her. Her high damage output and shielding was what made goats possible. similarly to how d.va can take a backseat in the space making department and basically exist to eat pulls when Orisa is busted, thats why DPS weren’t used before 222. Just because a character is used doesn’t mean they don’t need help.

You dont understand, you’re dodging the answer to make the outcome convenient to you. If hog was significantly better than dva, then dva wouldn’t be played, no discussion to be had. Teams are playing Dva because she is better than hog in situations. She is still powerful you just need to adapt

my point is the reason is used is because hog hasnt been meta for a LONG time so many offtanks aren’t OWL standard(on hog).

Thats just not true though. Look at space for example, he was considered a dva one trick but his hog is extremely good. These off tank players dont spend 12 hours a day on the game for nothing. They are good at what they play at and if they weren’t they would get dropped.

D.va is only being played for the ability to eat pulls. Her usefulness is entirely dependent on the power of the abilities she eats. Pull is broken in the context of the mirror matchup. if pull was not the single most important part of this new 222 meta then d.va would be bad. like i said in a previous post d.va will always be useful outside of dive so long as there is one carry character in a team comp this doesn’t mean d.va is good, it means that character(orisa) is good.