Customer service told me to do this. Just ridiculous situation to be put in

TL:DR - Blizzard CS system is flawed where I can no longer correspond on a ticket because the number of replies has been exceeded. Also the forum post created by CS to correspond with others having this issue, I cannot post there anymore because I am limited to 3 replies now SINCE the forum migration wiped out my previous post history. CS ties my hands behind my back with a flawed system and obstacles which could be resolved internally. THEIR suggestion… SPAM post to bring your post count up. Yes someone in CS said that might be my only way to resolve this issue, lol. classy.

Ive been working with CS on a ticket. Ticket Number: US65310304

CS also opened up a forum thread for us regarding the issues.

I was posting in the thread with updates to the ongoing issue (which has returned), however since the forum migration it reset my post counts and now I am unable to continue updating the tech issue since I am now limited to 3 replies in any given thread because of noob status fine… let me crawl like a dog desperately to find an easy way to continue helping support help us.

Also laughably as if Blizzard couldn’t make it any more difficult to work with CS, my ticket # with CS has reached its maximum amount of replies so I ALSO cannot continue to correspond with CS directly and their solution was for me to open a new ticket every time I had an update to the old ticket and they would just merge the tickets. In every new ticket I needed to say please reference the old ticket and restate the issue… Really fun stuff, since I need to open a new ticket EVERY TIME i want to make ANY reply correspondence regarding this issue.

CS said, “unfortunately we want to keep the info together so you have to keep doing it this way since we don’t want to start a new ticket and we have no solution for you.” However CS did say:

I shouldnt say this but you could go on the forums and just post random stuff to bring up your post count to be able to post" We have no way of helping you fix this so go spam around the forum basically. Really nice thanks. So with all that said, Heres my frustrating experience, maybe I can reply to whoever wants to vent in here with me so I can get my post count up so I CAN CONTINUE UPDATING and WORKING ON THIS SUPPORT ISSUE for crying out loud.

Thanks Blizzard.

5 Likes

That’s unfortunate to hear man. I’m sorry about that. Tell me more! Reply to this and tell me something else!

xD I’m trying lol

1 Like

Thank YOU!!!, one down not sure how many to go lol

2 Likes

I’m still confused as to what the actual issue you’re having is though. Are you having connection problems?

2 Likes

the thread link above is the history and continuing issue. WAVE packet loss issue… somewhere between Bliz and Wave ISP possible peering partner is dropping packets 20-40% inbound loss. intermittent and going on for a few months

2 Likes

Dang that is frustrating. I wonder if it is a problem the ISP could solve.

My next question is: why do you need to up your post count? More posts allows you to talk to CS more? Sorry if it is obvious xD

1 Like

This may be the last post I can make here as I am limited to 3 replies per forum thread. Not sure if it applies to my own post or just posts started by others, either way I am locked out of the very support thread CS would like me to keep updating in, which I cannot, lol.

That is the post count issue. I cannot continue to update that WAVE ISP thread if I cant make more than 3 replies. And I can only make 3 replies because i am in some probationary noob mode and my total post count needs to exceed some unknown to CS threshold so I can be unlocked out of these chains.

The Wave issue is one that Blizzard had already had an open ticket with WAVE’s NOC. SO Bliz GNOC was already working with wave on previous issues from 3 months back, The issue was resolved for a short time but returned so we continued the existing ticket and Blizzard was monitoring if the issue was related to the one they were already mediating with WAVE. Blizzard does take the initiative to mediate issue with given ISPs if the impact is big enough to their user base.

EDIT: I tried to reply again below this post but it said I cannot. “Wait for others to respond”… thats new, I guess It does not like consecutive replies from the same user. Im hoping 10 posts is the amount needed to get out of this handicap state im in.

2 Likes

No problem mate, we can help you with that every few minutes.
They will probably send you a pre formatted message anyway. If its something related from the forums … they pay -3 attention.

1 Like

Wow that is pretty damn frustrating lol. Sorry

1 Like

BTW thanks to ALL OF YOU!!! The members here are the best part of this experience!! TY so much.

So Ya, I also tried to post in my support thread listed above and it says “Sorry new users are limited to 3 replies in the same topic” great. Not even CS could tell me how many posts are necessary to get out of this status. How can they not even know that? Weird. Mostly Frustrating as heck when Im trying to bend over backwards to be supportive, provide valuable info, and mostly waste time like this to achieve the ability to help better.

It appears that this does not apply to post i am the OP of, since I can continue to reply here yet get the 3 reply error to the other support thread

1 Like

If you’d like something posted in the other thread just post it here and ask for someone to copy it over to the other thread and someone will probably do it.

1 Like

TY! I’m hoping that this reply (post #10 for me) will be the threshold for my getting out of this… I so hope its not more than 10 posts, sigh :slight_smile:

EDIT: nope sadly I expected too much. I appreciate your offer though. What a crappy situation CS has woven out of this support experience of mine. Seriously, I feel like CS is holding my hands behind my back while I am trying to be useful to them and the rest of the members dealing with this issue. Never have I had to go thru something like this or jump thru so many hoops fore something so simple as continuing to work on a support issue.

1 Like

You appear to be trust level 0 still.

I’m not 100% sure what the requirements for getting the higher levels are at the moment as it can be customized.

The default for level 1 is:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

The default for level 2 is:

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

The default for level 3 is:

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended

I’d suggest making sure you’ve liked at least one post, opening some random topics, reply to a few more topics, and then opening up a long topic like the below link then clicking you scroll wheel on the mouse to make it scroll down slowly and then walk away from your computer for a few minutes. It will count as having read the posts that it scrolls by which will help you level up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info… Amazed that CS couldn’t tell me that when we were on the phone discussing the predicament. That’s more informative than getting told to just spam up the forums. So happy that Blizzard CS allows you to take such a drawn out side quest as a reward when you have technical issues. Not like a human being that knows what they are doing could possibly intervene and make a loyal member’s life easier to work with CS and the support community. That would just be waaaay more absurd than me having to spam posts to continue with a support issue. Just remember, this isnt just about the post issue as I cant even continue replying to my personal CS Open Ticket number either. It too errors with “maximum responses reached, please open a new ticket” LOL. CS KNOWS THIS. Response to their internal ticket system max reply issue is: We have no way around this, you just have to keep opening brand new tickets and we will manually merge them into the original ticket you cant reply too anymore. Just keep doing this EVERY TIME you want to respond to us here at Blizzard CS. Lovely.

What’s next as my punishment for having support issues? If Im lucky I can go thru an initiation like the Japanese game shows, maybe get tarred and feathered while walking up Vaseline covered stairs to reach my desired goal. Who knows whats in s tore to make this experience even more ridiculous.

BTW, just keep in mind, I was a higher rank here before the forum migration a few months back. I had a higher post count which was all reset to ZERO in the new forums.

The regular CS may not have the forum permissions to actually edit your rank (I’ve seen it done like once) or to change the limits on the tickets.

The arcane setup to rank up is the default for all discourse forums.

One of the users setup a site that lets you look up your rank on forums

http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=DamnVoices%231262

You just hit level 1 so that might allow you to post more in the thread you wanted to.

TY!!! Yes, the second I did the likes in here it unlocked me. I would never have guessed. TY SO MUCH YOU CANNOT IMAGINE!!! The members here are definitely the cream of the crop. once again you guys really came through for me, I only hope I can repay the sentiment going forward.

1 Like

Make your own support thread?

I want to say that you are the most civil pissed off person I’ve seen on these forums. You have all of my kudos for that.

Not only that, but you are actually justified in being angry.

np :slight_smile: Glad it’s letting you reply to the issue thread now.

The forums currently have 182,475 users of which 78,893 are at least level 1, 11,231 are at least level 2, and 558 are level 3. I think they might want to take a look at the requirements and adjust a bit.

It’s hard to fight with a headless beast of processes and procedures that are out of the control of any one person. That’s why I am so happy that there are real honest to goodness people here to help the helpless! Appreciation is deserved for all of you. I’ve absorbed so much good will in the short life of this thread to where i almost forgot about my main support issue i can get back to supporting, lol. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. TY again.