Custom Game Mode Description

I’m sure this has been a discussion on here before and is probably on the roadmap somewhere, but it’s a pretty big thing imo. The current description is very restrictive, and there’s really no method of communication between the host and the players. The workshop is a very powerful tool already and I’m sure it’ll get even more powerful in the future, where this will be crucial.
Anyways, thanks to Dan Reed and Keith Miron and everyone else that’s contributed to this tool, it’s definitely my favorite tool of any game so far.

1 Like

Agreed!

What do you mean by that? The amount of text you can write down?

Textchat, voicechat, inworld texts and huds with custom string. Do you have any specific ideas what could be added? I’m just curious :slight_smile:

By too restrictive I meant not enough really, I mean you can’t even press enter to jump to a new line, it all has to be one paragraph and it’s just not neat.
Yup definitely! Those are ways, but hud text would be too crowded, in world text wold be painful to implement especially for every game mode and map.
Something fairly subtle that shows importance. I think the best thing would be to move the optional right click info panel to be shown after a player clicks the join button. They can still click off of it, but it shows some importance. I’m sure that can later on be expanded with new features. Also, let me jump to a new line lol.

1 Like

Oh yea, I forgot. Thats true, its annoying.

This is a really good idea!