Ctf should be in comp

Why does the game need a new core game mode? To me, that’s like saying a fighting game needs a new core game mode outside of versus & cpu.

1 Like

Dreams shattered and broken

1 Like

The mode itself is not awful, it is awful with OW. i’ve had tons of fun in CTF by playing Halo combat evolved while in OW it was so frustrating i barely touched the mode.

Sorry :frowning:

So what kind of new modes is suited for competitive?

1 Like

You guys are alive?!

I’d enjoy capture the flag more than Lucio ball

2 Likes

As a consumer, I respectfully disagree.

2 Likes

No, capture the flag is one of my favorite modes but it’s not very balanced.

1 Like

Pass. Heroes aren’t tuned for CTF.

You haven’t added a new mode in over two years. But keep ‘talking’ about it.

It’s Jeff himself! All hail the mighty lord!

Can you try contacting Chris Puckett about his input on CTF?

Specifically if he has any particular notes on Halo’s rendition of CTF, which MLG helped create into a viable Competitive game mode in those games, and skim some ideas from that?

1 Like

pls jeff i’d love to have 1 vs 1 arcade comp.

CTF is still far better than 2cp

2 Likes

CTF is more balanced than 2CP. Fight me.

3 Likes

I think the main problem, why Blizzard isn’t gonna implement it is, that it “requires” the same heroes every game to win.
The one of the best teamups is still Roadhog to carry the flag (600 HP and can heal himself), Lucio to Speedboost him, and another healer (mostly moria or mercy) to heal him. Along with some dps, this is basically how you win and it never changes.

A single ana grenade negates any ability to heal and then some modest DPS will kill them before they make it out the front door. If Lucio is truly an issue Sombra can hack him and he loses his aura. Hog it then just a giant ult battery for your team.

That’s not even to mention CC and area denial - Mei blocking off the doorway and forcing a reroute, junkrat traps, etc.

3 Likes

But unless you sneak the enemy flag somehow to your point, you need either a teamkill or a tank without any movement abitities (can’t use them anyways so why have them) to carry the flag.

I’m guessing if a flag gets taken, an AI should take it and your team has to defend it. That way the flag won’t be taken by impossible to take down targets.