CTDs after Matchmaking finds a match

Hi.

Wanted to say I’m getting Crash To Desktops often lately.

It’s happening when Matchmaking finds a match for Quick Play. I don’t play other modes much, I don’t play Arcade or Competitive. I do play some Custom games here and there.

But the crashes so far happened when Matchmaking finds a QP match, I hear the sound it makes when a match if found, but right after that I’m back at the Desktop immediately, no error windows or anything. It happens about 6 or 7 times out of 10. I do sometimes manage to get in a match, and it’s fine when I DO get in one, it does play to the end just fine. But more often than not I get CTDs.

I never experienced this before with this game, it’s new to me.

On a technical level my system is not overclocked, fresh Windows 10 installation, proper Chipset, GPU, Audio drivers are installed (latest BIOS version for the motherboard, too) with the latest Windows 10 updates installed as well. All my other games work fine.

System specs are: 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 12GB, Ryzen 7 5800X

As I mentioned, my other games work fine. And the CTDs - so far - seem to be limited to whenever Matchmaking finds me a match for Quick Play. Maybe I would also get CTDs in other modes but I’m not aware of it since I mostly just play QP and Custom Games.

Ty.

Your problem is similar to this topic being discussed here:

Right now, we haven’t figured out a specific issue or solution yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.