Crossplay update soft region locked everyone

Trust blizzard to alienate their casual playerbase completely in a single patch. Plus their top 500 players who prefer NA to EU like ML7. And then rest who try to escape from various types of bigoted people.

slow clap

16 Likes

This is going to be extremely unpopular with streamers and pro players who want to play on other regions for communication or matchmaking reasons and there is no way they didn’t see the backlash coming since there’s a literal discord server with devs, pros and streamers where, if communicated, would have shown how bad an idea this would be from the beginning.

8 Likes

thanks blizzard now youve done it, i live in a middle eastren country but i get less ping on eu rather than on ME becuase of some damn reason, now guess who has to play on 220 ms instead of 89, thanks blizzard, thanks.

12 Likes

Man, this kinda sucks, I am in EU but I like to play in NA for comp for the anglophone population on voice chat. I appreciate the effort to desegregate BNet across regions and systems, and that you can still group up globally without a client restart, but I don’t like having choice curtailed.

1 Like

there’s no way y’all thought this was a good idea that should be implemented? what an absolute joke. you literally have a discord of creators/pros spoonfeeding you ideas and you just continue to completely ignore them and instead make the game worse? i’m begging for this utter nonsense to be reverted ASAP.

4 Likes

Just saw someone on fitzy’s stream say that they are EU player on comp and somehow soloqued into NA server with 120ms ping.

Funny that you cannot do that intentionally any longer if you actually wanted to play on different region for reasons, but server will just mess you up with huge latency in comp randomly. :upside_down_face:

Competitive integrity and matchmaking people with similar latency btw.

1 Like

they said years ago one of the matchmaker always tried to form consisting of people with similar pings

I guess now there’s so few people playing this has had to be removed (or had its coefficient heavily reduced…)

Only owl pros are allowed to play with LAN and everyone else has to suffer 120-300ms ping on comp. :upside_down_face:

Fps game btw.

My ping has always ranged from 49 to 58ms ping and I will just stop playing if my ping starts to become unbearable when I am used to having good ping.

1 Like

you don’t like pretending as if you’re playing QuakeWorld in 1995 with a ping of 150ms?

Lmao nope, the worst internet I ever had was 10mbit connection back in the day.

If my guardian angels are suddenly gonna ping pong me all around the map, I’m just gonna uninstall the game. Not worth it, there’s plenty games to play.

This is absolutely ridiculous.
I willingly play on NA during the night because queue’s are faster.
Even if I get faster queue’s, I still choose to go on NA servers. Yet the game still puts me on EU.
I choose American server on the BNet launcher for a reason.
Unbelievable.

12 Likes

I don’t know much about VPNs…any recommendations if we end up really needing one? Nord? Surfshark? It’s all new to me.

1 Like

This IS an issue even if the official answer is that it isn’t. There is a friend in our regular group that rotates between India and the states. When in India it makes more sense for us all to play on EU as we all have roughly equal ping but it seems likely that if all the players except 1 are in the US that it would just put the guy in India in a US server and force his ping to be so high as to be unplayable. We should have agency on where we play. If I am connected to a server that isn’t where I would intend I would rather just not play at all, so the argument of “better queue times” is completely pointless to me. Why would I want to wait less time for a game I don’t want to play? I would rather wait longer for a game I do want to play.

6 Likes

The more i think of it, the more i see HOW MUCH OF A FAIL ACTION THIS IS! JUST WOW BLIZZARD !

U TRUELY TRY TO GET RID OF YOUR PLAYERBASE ARENT YA

5 Likes

man you guys have really gone downhill since 2-2-2

2 Likes

Also, imagine this.
You are from EU and u usually play on NA.
You occasionally queue with someone that u like playing with.
Today, you decide to add that person.
WELP, CANT DO THAT ANYMORE!
You will never queue with that person again because Blizzard decides to put u in a server u do not choose to play on.
So you will never know said nice person’s Battletag.
:clap: Good job Blizzard. I have been playing for about 5 years and never had issues with matchmaking.
You changed that today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well that cements me ever touching ranked again. I would suspect as people start to figure this out even more people will avoid it than already do.

1 Like

What makes you think your teammates enjoy you playing at 100+ms?

We don’t. Stay on your server.

1 Like

I use NordVPN and that has worked for me. I know some that use PrivateInternetAccess. And some talk well about Exitlag. Exitlag is supposed to be better for gamers providing lower ms, but I have no experience with that one though. NordVPN usually adds ~5 ms ping, and I’ve heard P.I.A. is around the same.

Tip is avoid the free ones. And several of the bigger ones have a 30 day money back guarantee so you can try it and get money back if you don’t like it.

2 Likes

To Summarize why getting rid of it is a bad idea. Some people prefer Na over Eu due to language barrier. Some play on Na or Eu if peak time for said server is gone down. The 120 ping you do get on either eu servers or east coast usually is not that big of a difference. Its a delay but easy to get used to on pc. West coast is a bit different. The idea of getting rid of it forces you to play on said server even through the negatives that the server can provide towards certain players.