Crossplay friend being muted in group chat

We had a group of 4 friends together, only 1 is crossplay to PC from PS5. The rest are PC players. One of our friends joined and right away couldn’t hear anything from our crossplay friend, they both restarted battlenet and Overwatch, then realized it said they had them muted. The PC friend had never muted them and couldn’t unmute them. They even tried unfriending and refriending to no avail. Later, second PC friend was jokin around and left voice chat to mess with us, a common joke they do, but when they came back, they couldn’t hear console friend either and it said they muted them, which, they had not and they also couldn’t unmute them. Anyone else having this issue or any ideas on how to fix it? We really enjoy our friend group and don’t all have access to another voice option. Thanks in advance for any help or confirmation that we’re not the only ones having this issue.

9 Likes

Same problem here, with the new season, crossplay friends who I used to talk to just fine are now muted by default without any way to revert it. Even when I try to whisper to them, it doesn’t go through, with a message saying “Your message was not delivered due to your Cross-Platform Communication Settings.” So I went and combed through settings to see if I can find anything related to this, but there’s literally no option like that. Thanks for the lovely update, blizzard

3 Likes

Same here, I’m the PC player and all of my crossplay friends have been mute-locked

Edit: blizzard just put out a quick patch and it seems to have fixed the bug

1 Like

Thank you for lettin me know it wasn’t just us. My console friend was able to play with one of our PC friends from last night without any issues today with voice chat, so hopefully its fixed.

Any update to this as I can’t communicate to any console friends?

1 Like

happened to me last night, really hope it gets fixed soon

Nope bug is definitely still very much here I just got it literally half an hour ago. But I managed to bypass it by restarting my game while still being in the group then we could talk again

I am having the same issues here. I am a PC player, playing OW with my PS friend, and when I tried to whisper her, the message didn’t come through. When playing together, I cannot read her group messages, but she can read mine, so that is very confusing. She said that in the options under gameplay, I would have to turn on the cross-play communication settings, but I cannot find it in the PC settings.

One way to fix it was for her to log into my account with her PS, and turn off and on again the setting. However, whenever I go into my options, it will automatically reset the cross-play communications, so the problem appears again.

Same here, I’m a PS5 player who has been having this issue with my PC friends. It doesn’t happen with everyone, usually just one or two in the group can’t hear me. Happened to me yesterday with my friend and her brother; he was on XBox and had no issues hearing me. Seems like the simplest solution is for anyone who can’t unmute me to restart the game and re-join the group.

Same thing here, I checked launcher settings, all are ok. I am in the group chat, other friends can hear me and each other. I am on PC and they are muted for me. Cant unmute. Friends are on PS5 and Xbox x. Crossplay issue?

SAME exact issue my brother and I are having. He’s PC, I’m PS5. Both have crossplay enabled, tried unfriending, refriending no luck. When he left clicks the ‘mute player’ button it doesn’t uncheck the button and I stay muted!! Please fix!!

1 Like

+1 same here. Any updates on a fix?

1 Like

Bug still active if anyone is wondering lol, hoping it’ll get fixed soon as I just switched from PS5 to playing on my PC.

1 Like

Same issue here and still not fixed… I can’t message/talk to any of my console friends. :frowning:

You can always check the Known Issues thread in Bug Report to see what they are working on.

They have this on their radar.

On pc and my bf is in ps5 mutes them for voice chat and message and everything without anyway to unmute. It seems to be fine when I restart my game but it’s very frustrating and sometimes it doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.