Cross-progression is coming to Overwatch 2: Account merge FAQ

Thanks CowboyWife,

Go to account.battle.net/connections and see if your PlayStation account is linked to the correct BattleNet account.

3 Likes

I have the same thing. I’m on PC and under both my Playstation account and Nintendo Switch account it says in red “Account Changed”

2 Likes

Do the same, Tfast, just verify your accounts at account.battle.net/connections

2 Likes

okay thx
--------tfast

Yes, the correct Playstation account shows as being linked under my Battlenet connections.

You should be good to go then.

3 Likes

Craig you are going to be working overtime in this thread, good luck!

Great, thank you for your help!

I will put in as much time as I have available. That being said, I will need to pull away here soon.

7 Likes

my PSN and battle net are already connected and I do not have a ps4 anymore, can I do this merge on pc ?

1 Like

Yes, you should be prompted on PC as long as you already linked your PlayStation account. You can link online at account.battle.net/connections

6 Likes

Alright thanks for clarifying I was just concerned for a bit

wait so if i start playing on switch after ow2 launches i wont be able to carry over my items on pc to it?

How will levels be handled when accounts are merged?

1 Like

I once played Overwatch on Nintendo Switch during a free trial weekend, but didn’t buy it. I guess the few skins and credits I got during that free trial can’t be merged to my pc account since I don’t own a ow license on switch, right?

Well, there was that deleted French interview with Aaron Keller and Geoff Goodman, which seemed to imply they would just add the levels together.

But the interview got taken down, so dunno if it can be viewed as “official” policy.

When I was merging accounts in overwatch it gave me account changed underneath my Xbox name, does this mean anything? and can i merge without worrying?

2 Likes

What about duplicate golden guns? I have Tracer’s golden guns on PC and Xbox. Will I get a refund for one so I can buy another or is that duplicate effort just wasted?

3 Likes

I believe that I heard the entire portrait/ level system is being removed in overwatch 2, am I wrong?

I’m not sure if I saw anything about it but what will come of duplicates upon merge?