Cross-progression is coming to Overwatch 2: Account merge FAQ

Cross-progression is coming to Overwatch 2: Account merge FAQ

Your data on your Battle.net and console accounts will be merged for Overwatch 2!

View Full Article

30 Likes

At last, I can be free from my console shackles.

38 Likes

Hey is Overwatch 1 going F2P on September 1st?

1 Like

No. If you want to play between now and the launch of Overwatch 2, you need a valid license of Overwatch like getting the Watchpoint Pack.

12 Likes

Finally SOME good news

8 Likes

Darn, was figuring out would make sense to stress test F2P account creation and phone verification tech before October 4th. And generate some hype previous to launch.

Although lemme read through this blog post is that’s kinda basically what it’s doing.

So I guess that’s a question.

Is phone verification for merged accounts something that isn’t going to be tested at scale, until October 4th?

Since I could see some major hiccups going on with that. That could be pretty embarrassing.

1 Like

Nice to see that it’s happening already right now rather than on the launch itself. Glad to see them follow through on their promise when they announced cross-play.

3 Likes

We will have more details on that in an upcoming blog.

8 Likes

Why? It’s no different to now on other games. No need to test it.

Good to hear there’s a plan for that. I think.

Would kinda suck if large chunks of the playerbase just couldn’t log in on October 4th, due to authentication issues.

Craig, any chance to add Archives as a perma mode after September 1st until OW2 launch?

This is good.

I think…

1 Like

Underneath my Playstation account, it says “Account Changed”. My Battlenet and Playstation accounts have been linked longer than Cross-Play has been a thing. It shows the correct Battlenet account. Do I need to do anything to ensure it links correctly besides confirming it? Sorry if I’m being paranoid or dumb here, but I don’t really want to mess this up.

8 Likes

Hmm… is this in the PlayStation console interface? If so, reach out to PlayStation support for help.

1 Like

I have to ask a stupid question. Will our Competitive points also merge? Example: My PSN will be the master account, but I’ve accrued comp points on my switch account.

3 Likes

This is a type of credit, so your total number of Competitive Points will be summed across all merged accounts.

12 Likes

Sweet! Thanks Craig!

Apologies for my English but i have a question.

I have a ps4 acc with a lot of rare skins ,but i left it behind in order to join the pc ,am i going to be able to link that account to the pc acc and use those skins correct?

4 Likes

me with my one account…

20 Likes