Cross play competitive Console & PC

I think there should be an option to have console players join in on the PC pool for competitive.

No point having cross play if you cannot enjoy the thrills and pain of competitive. Also if the console pool is “not as good” or it is “not fair” then it doesn’t matter because you have the option to not do it.

It seems insane that I cannot play with extremely good console players who I have played with for years, but now I have switched to PC I cannot play with them.

4 Likes

i mean im all for stomping console n00bs at 240 fps but im not sure they are down

4 Likes

Won’t ever work unless they can lock matchmaking by input method

6 Likes

People use mouse and keyboard on console though?

1 Like

I don’t see any good reason for this not to be implemented.

3 Likes

Exactly hahaha it’s down to them if they want it, but allows people to do it if they want :slight_smile:

ALSO QUICKER GAMES WHOOP WHOOP

id rather wait 1 or 2 minutes extra for better games

3 Likes

FPS does not mean better games though.

And as previously mentioned people use mouse and keyboard on console now.

Although SWITCH should defo be on its own pool.

so i went from 60 fps to 144 to 240. and the difference is huge. astronomically huge. it improved my aim and reaction speed as i could see things quicker.

console is limited to 120. ggez

1 Like

You’re missing the point… When console players play with PC players in quick play we get put in the PC pool and I’m ok with that. But we can’t play together on comp and we want to. We don’t care about our disadvantages we would still play. But WE CANT. If our PC friends wana run comp we can’t play, and they need to make it available…

i understand the want…its about fairness of the games in the end, and they realize that PC would completely dominate console in comp

2 Likes

Maybe a very small percentage, and if I’m not mistaken they have to use a XIM device or something similar. I don’t think it’s supported as a native input method on console.

Its not,. But it could be. Making XIMS a paperweight. Let us controller folks play our own pool and mnk have a pool.

1 Like

Totally agree, as long as it’s opt in it doesn’t hurt anyone and ALL my friends play on console. I shouldn’t be punished for choosing a superior gaming system :stuck_out_tongue:

Also guess what….I play on pc 120fps

With a controller……dun dun daaaaaa.

Also with new consoles etc FPS will be increasing……I think an opt in opt out wouldn’t hurt anyone, and i even though I am PC I don’t like the “we are better because we use keyboard” because it isn’t always true, you see people at E sports using controllers……and also the ranked system is almost broken with how long it takes to get into games.

We can only hope

Since the playerbase is dwindling (hence one of the reasons crossplay was introduced in the first place), they will introduce crossplay in Comp soon, so do not worry. I would not be surprised if crossplay becomes a thing beginning with next Comp Season.

*<sniff sniff>*

The human visual system can process 10 to 12 images per second and perceive them individually, while higher rates are perceived as motion. Modulated light (such as a computer display) is perceived as stable by the majority of participants in studies when the rate is higher than 50 Hz.

That’s what the researchers in the 2014 study did to determine that the brain can process an image that your eye only saw for 13 milliseconds.

or 76.9230769 FPS

Well, it dosent hurt anyone to give them an option to que into PC comp. But, they have to play placements with fresh mmr, so they wont be placed into higher ranks and drop to their actual skill rank and destory the gaming experience for many. (It probably will give people another reason to derank and troll console players in bronze​:joy::joy:)

Its not just about the visual, but also about the input latency. If you watch someone play on 144hz and 240hz, it may looks very identical to you. But when you are the one playing, you can definally tell the responsiveness difference between them.

It would work IF they had a new “PC” SR for the console players that wanted to do this.

Otherwise, they would inflate their rank on console and then get curb stomped in mixed games. Making bad matches for everyone.