Critical Error when joining Competitive games (PC)

Error where:
When in que for a comp match.
I try to join a Custom game.
While joining the custom game, A competitive match is found.
When this happens the load time into the match seems longer and instead of seeing the Hero Select screen I just see the floor or off in a random camera direction. I cannot interact with anything and the only time I can make a menu pop up is when I press “Esc”.
When this happens I let the timer kick me and I get a 15 minute ban.

The most common custom game lobbies I que into are 500% and 1k Damage

2 Likes

Happened to me today!! I left the game and got the 15 minute suspension + lowered my endorsement level. The thing is, i was playing with a friend and the bug only happened to me, weird right?

2 Likes

Very similar to me and my friend actually, I am normally duo with this person as well.
I’m sitting with a 15 minute ban while writing (the ban is the reason I thought to check the post)

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I’ve compiled a list of similar posts regarding similar bugs under: False Suspension And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.