Crashing in Boot Camp

I’ve been playing Overwatch on Windows 10 (bootcamp on a 2020 iMac) for a few weeks now, without any issue.

Since the Halloween event started, I’ve played many hours, without issue.

Today (Thursday the 15th) I logged in and started playing Junkenstein Endless. After maybe 15 minutes it hard crashed (everything froze, maybe a 1/10th of a second of audio looped, and then after 5-10 seconds the computer rebooted). I logged back in, and the same thing happened. Twice more.

Nothing’s changed on the Windows side of things, I pretty much only log into that to play overwatch (there is a steam client, otherwise it’s pretty much stock).

Any ideas? Thanks.

2 Likes

Their staff doesn’t provide support for the game running on bootcamp. But from the description, it sounds like either overheating or the driver for the card had a big issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into that

Same issue here on my iMac. I checked CPU and GPU temperature, set graphic quality to the lowest, set cooler RPM to max, but it keeps crashes.

my guess is overheating. Check your drives and test your fans.

That was already suggested above. Please make sure to read troubleshooting already offered in the threads you’re responding to :slight_smile:

For anyone else experiencing this, I installed an older version of the AMD drivers (26.20.15032.3004 from 8/12/2020) and the issue was fixed.

How exactly do I install the older drivers?

1. Head over to www .amd.com/en/support
  2. Find your graphic card and click on submit
  3. On your Drivers and Software website, scroll down to around the middle and there will be text that says “previous drivers” in small blue text. It should be right above the title that says “Knowledge Base”

Hope this helps ^^

1 Like

Could I get a step by step tutorial? I tried looking on amds website for older drivers but i couldn’t find anything.

I can’t find the download for the 8/12/2020 driver