Crashing every time im in a game. tried alot of options and im stumped :/

Heyo! honestly don’t know when it started but I built a new computer (I will post it under the thread) and everything went fine, a week later or two I started crashing on games (rendering device has been lost) or (overwatch has crashed in the graphics…) and its not only ow but its crashed in other games like cod blops 4 and apex legends. I’ve already reinstalled my windows, updated all my drivers, reinstalled all my drivers, no longer overclocking either my gpu or cpu, brought down my ram from 3600 to 3400hz. I crash whether im streaming or not and the codes I get when I do crash cant be found on blizzards code thingy.

Im stumped and I can’t stream the game anymore :frowning: even when im not streaming it also crashes D: (will also post it under the thread) is my msinfo and (under the thread hehe) is my dxdiag

This may be a weird advice, but did you check if all components are fully connected to the motherboard? Especially GPU.

i will check in a bit, also went digging a bit more into the forums and mightve found a solution? if so I will report back but so far I havent crashed my first 2 games

Good luck!

F61B19DC-CA3D-4641-A442-F523FD35BA17

nevermind its crashing still and its literally unplayable :frowning:

pls send help

Not seeing too much that stands out in the crash logs. Being an RTX card, I would recommend trying the steps here.

played for 8 hours, no troubles at all? except when tabbing in and out which causes my obs to drop massive frames but yeah there has been no issues so far :slight_smile: gonna try today once again and see how it goes

I have been having the same issues ever since the Lunar New Year event Patch was implemented into the game. Every other game I run on my PC hasn’t had any issues with how the game runs, so far Overwatch is the only game that will randomly disconnect me from games at random times. Its gotten so bad that I wasn’t able to play the game since it was kicking me from games nonstop to the point that i was getting penalties for “leaving” games when I have no control over it.

alright after playing the game for about 30 games? it finally crashed, when I went back into the game via OverwatchTest again it crashed not even less than a minute, and once I tried coming back to the game again the frames were really choppy? it stabilized after 30 seconds though

Hey there Mouffin,

The crash thread is showing audio threads and memory management threads. I found the following loaded modules in the stack I’d recommend disabling during testing:

• OBS
  • Shadowplay
  • Blizzard Streaming

Note, even if you are not actively streaming these do still hook into the game. OBS may need to be temporarily uninstalled. Shadowplay can be disabled via GeForce Experience. Blizzard Streaming is in the desktop app’s settings menu.

Be sure to also check over your PC for third party audio software. This includes but is not limited to Nahimic, Asus Sonic, MSI Sound, Alienware Sound, and similar products. TLDR is basically if it’s not your audio drivers, try disabling or uninstalling it temporarily since the crash thread is calling out audio.

ok so I went ahead and disabled shadowplay and blizzard streaming, but I went ahead and still used obs. got a few crashes and a few new ones ig?

edit : 9E5CECA3-0DA9-46AF-8E08-AF4F485135B1 also got this on my alt acc

Mouffin,

Judging from the fact that none of your crashes has had the same behavior, I’m pretty sure the problem here is a hardware problem. My bet would be on an unstable overclock, since you appear to be overclocking your RAM at the very least.

Try disabling all overclocking/XMP profiles that you currently have active. I would wager this fixes your problem. If that doesn’t work it’s likely overheating. Grab hwmonitor and play a game until it crashes. Once it does, check the “max” column of your test for CPU/GPU overheating. If those are getting too hot, clean the PC and take it to a PC tech if that doesn’t fix the overheating - that’d probably mean some of the heat hardware needs maintenance or replacement.

If you don’t see anything, let’s snag some screenshots:

1. Maximize the HWMonitor window and expand all the nodes on the left
  2. Scroll all the way up
  3. Take a screenshot with the Print Screen (prtscn) key
  4. Open up the program Paint and press ctrl+v to paste in the test
  5. Crop the screen if you want to only show the test, then save it as Test1.JPG
  6. Scroll all the way down, then repeat steps 3-5.
  7. Upload them somewhere like imgur and link us to the results. We’ll use those to look for more options.

If you have link errors, copy the code below, then copy/paste your link between two ` marks, it’ll break the link and let you post it. You can just copy paste everything in the box below and replace “Link goes here” with your link.

`
Link goes here
`

An easy fix for a lot of issues is:

1. Run CMD as ADMIN
  2. Enter sfc /scannow
  3. Wait till it’s done and restart

Since you build your own PC, did you ever check if your motherboard supports 3600MHz memory? Or what voltage RAM is supported? ect. Post your specs if you don’t know how to check.

I’ve also seen some people using a pigtail PCI powercbale for their power hungry GPU, but have a PSU that can’t push enough trough a single 8 pin cable to two 8pin connectors on the card.

ok ive been still crashing, im looking at the temps and they look fine?

ive been playing on another alt (Meuffin#1603) and theres more recent crashes, Ive been trying to underclock my gpu to see if that would help?
https://imgur.com/a/3V7qS6O
5D06765B-242F-454A-936F-2CF9CA072CEF another crash error sorry >_<

maybe try RMA the graphic card?

0AA35090-495D-4B06-96C9-92E02BB0D281 another crash and I keep on crashing D: it worked completely fine for a day once I removed geforce experience and dropped my ram hz from 3400 to 3200, but it just comes back the next

Just a small curiosity: The base for the i-78700K is 3.2Ghz, correct? I see yours is still set at 4.23Ghz (aka 4335 Mhz). Have you tried downclocking and seeing if stability improves?

Mouffin,

That HWMonitor test doesn’t seem to have been run under load. O.o Your CPU/GPU was BARELY used in that test. Usually one or the other gets to 100%. Can you please make sure that you run HWMoniotr first, then play the game until it crashes while HWMonitor is still running in the background, and then take the screenshots.

If that is exactly how you did it, please let us know. That will mean something very weird is happening unfortunately, but it will at least narrow it down.

Hey sorry for the late response, but ive somewhat found a solution? I basically have to uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers everytime i boot my comp up LOL, my comp automatically reinstalls the driver though once I start up my comp after uninstalling the driver. idk what this means but it is a short fix for now, once I crash again i’ll send screenshots of my hwmonitor. does my short fix tell you anything though o_o?

Howdy!

At this point it would be best to open a web ticket with us Here. Make sure to include a link to this thread. Please attach your MSinfo and Dxdiag following the steps Here.