Crashing due to an Overlay?

Hi guys,

I probably have had a thousand hours on the game before it crashed the first time. When it does crash, Blizzard has a popup in the background that informs me another program has taken control of the rendering device and the game has therefor crashed. I have no idea what program is causing it. It’s not a system resource issue- I have lots of headroom and can run the game WQHD on ultra with 144fps, smooth as butter.

I do run a dual monitor setup with both monitors at 144fps. How can I hunt down the offending process? Gettin’ a little frustrated with it. Totally stumped.

Tanks!

~TankSchool

Are you talking about the Rendering Device Lost error? Or is this some other type of error?

Hi Nicole,

It’s not that. It actually crashes because an overlay program wants to render over the game (like discord). This is all I can find from Blizz:

Thanks for helping!

~Tank

Try checking your task manager?
I know that’s not the best advice but maybe it can find something ;w;

Post a DXDiag on pastebin and give the end of the link. Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files

I got rid of the XBox and Gaming Bar software in Windows 10. No more issues. Can’t believe that was an issue. Thanks, everyone.