Crashes and Game Sound Going Mute Since Update

I have had each issue in the title happen one time each since the latest update.

My game completely crashed when I was in competitive, and I had to hard restart my computer to be able to get back in. ALT + TAB or CTRL + ALT + DELETE did not work, so I had to hit the power button. Luckily I was able to get back in the game before the 2 minute grace period expired since I have a SSD.

The other issue with my game sound going mute was weird. I was again playing competitive and everything was normal until I died. When I respawned my game sound was completely gone. Then I died again, and respawned, and my game sound came back on for the rest of the match.

These issues both just started with this latest patch on Tuesday May 21st.

4 Likes

I just experienced the mute bug as did my group member in the same match (quick play) though at different times.

Might also be linked to this:

Also this:

2 Likes

The map I was playing when it went mute was also Havana. I was playing Ashe at the time. It happened when I died then respawned. It corrected itself when I died and respawned again. Very weird lol. Thanks for the reply!

2 Likes

Havana for me also so looks like its a Havana thing maybe?

3 Likes

Forum detectives to the rescue :smile:

2 Likes

The map I was in was definitely Havana. I for whatever reason confused Havana and Paris!! (working a sh*t ton, very tired)

1 Like

Same. Sound bugs out and disappears in Havana.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me here - I’ve only experienced it in Havana.

Was playing Reaper at the time if that makes any difference. Sound would usually unmute after respawn (the kill cam would also be mute however)

I’m having the same issue with the sound. In Havanna. First time happens to me so it’s weird. Please, fix.