Crash when alt tabbing

my computer crashes and i have to force shutdown when i do alt+tab in overwatch while watching a video.

if i am not playing video, i can alt+tab without any problem. i have noticed that this happens from when i join a match and from that moment on i can no longer alt+tab, even if the match ends and i return to the menu, but if i don’t join a match and even if i join the practice room, i can alt+tab without any problems.

this error appeared on the day of the hallowen event, without me having made any changes to my pc.
the players I have tried have been: vlc, mpv, chrome and firefox.
I have tried to update drivers, to do a scandisk to the ssd and to do a mdsched.exe as indicated in the guide, I have also repaired the game and cleared the cache of both battlenet and overwatch.

I have tried with other games and I can do alt+tab with no problems.

I am currently on the latest version of windows 10.

EDIT

hello

I have been testing, and I have news

the game always freezes my pc when i do alt+tab, and i don’t need to be watching a video, it happens all the time. it also happens when i press quit the game.

as I said above it only happens after playing a match, if I never join any match I can alt+tab whenever I want.

new >> this happens if i disable FSO for overwatch if i leave the default optimizations it never freezes my pc but the performance is lower.

I have done tests in other games like apex legends, valoran, kovaak and there is no problem, in these games I also have disabled FSO, you can see that it is disabled because when you do alt+tab the screen stays black 1 sec, like a blink.

in these games I have no problems. I have tried different drivers, I have made dwonclock to the gpu and cpu, I never have high temperatures, my gpu does not reach 60º and my cpu never reaches 45º.

so i can assure you that my computer is in perfect condition and the error is on the side of overwatch. even so i know that this is going to fall into oblivion because as far as i can see this forum has been abandoned by the technical support long ago, also for you if there are no massive complaints the error does not exist.

good night and good luck

Exact same problem, which only started since last update. Alt+tab or exiting game fully freezes the whole computer so much that I can’t even use ctrl+alt+del, ctrl+shift+esc or alt+f4 and have to force shut down.

I looked up the problem and it seems similar problems have happened to others in the past but not the exact same problem. The solutions included: exiting background programs, repairing game files, unistall and reinstall, delete Blizzard temp folder, update garphics drivers and windows (all updated), possibility of low ram (I have 12) and too many background processes (I force stop most before I open the game). I’ve troubleshooted all of these and none works. Only thing that works is going borderless windowed (sometime this doesn’t even work because when I try to change it, computer freezes) but that forces my graphic settings to change and introduce input lag. I don’t have any problems with any other games. Any help?

it seems that the tech support guys don’t come to this forum anymore except to close threads

the freezing issues only happens in overwatch, in other games with real fullscreen, this error does not happen, so the problem is in overwatch.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.