Crash mailer 64 running in background

So sometimes when I play, I’ll notice that my game just doesn’t feel right like there’s a slight delay, there’s also slight frame drops like 5-10 frames. And every single time I have this issue, and I open task manager while overwatch is open the crash mailer 64 program will also be running under in the overwatch group of running programs.

My game is not crashing, yet the crash mailer is open and running in the background. I don’t know what’s causing it but it’s getting annoying. I’ve contacted blizzard support and all they could tell me was that the crash mailer program shouldn’t cause any performance issues in the game, and that I wouldn’t notice such a small frame drop anyways. So that was less than helpful.

I’ve seen a couple posts on the here about people having the same issue, but with no solution, those posts got the same response I got. I can tell when my game feels off, especially when playing hit scan. If anyone has had this issue and knows of a fix or something that would be great because restarting my game multiple times a day while playing is getting annoying.

2 Likes

did u find a solution to ur problem ? cause i have the same rn :confused:

2 Likes

Nope no solution, other than closing the game and opening it again. I’ve posted this several times on the bug forum, and the tech forum and have had zero responses. One of the posts was closed and made unlisted.

I contacted the support using the online chat option, they sent me to an old post on here where someone else had this issue and the response they got was that the crash mailer app isn’t supposed to effect game performance, so there’s no way it’s causing any issues. And the guy I was chatting with basically just told me the same thing.

Also was told, "I understand that it’s not fun losing FPS and not knowing why. Though, if you are dropping from 160 to 150, the impact should minimal. You actually cannot see the difference while using a monitor that only goes up to 60Hz, unless the FPS drops below 60. "

So I guess we can just have to restart the game multiple times when playing since no one at blizzard has an answer other than its not supposed to effect performance.

2 Likes

yeah that’s annoying :confused: maybe it’s related to the latest drivers of nvdia idk…

Blizzard, please, i bought this game, i played it for over 2000hrs, my PC is more than decent, and i have this problem for 2 years at least. I tried out every possible solution you suggested and it is not working.
For the love of God, game is unplayable, i have fps drops to 20, my hitscan hits are not getting registered. This is madness. FIX the damn thing!

1 Like

Heya ! I know it has been a long time, but you might still have the problem. I figured that was my nvidia settings that made it crashed : I optimized overwatch with the Geforce experience, and until this moment I had the famous crash maileer 64
I just restored the settings I had before and I don’t have anny problem no more !
I think the geforce experience trigger a certain setting that trigger the crash mailer, but am not sure :3 Hope that helped u
XoXo boys and girl, have fun until Overwatch 2

1 Like

I have the same issue on AMD video card, so Geforce experience is not the reason.

Thanks that someone even said about this background process. I play stable 165hz, after game update it immediately dropped to unstable 100-120fps. And even more, my in-game sounds started to stutter and game becomes unplayable.

Tried to restart my PC, game, update drivers etc, nothing helped at all.
Also noticed that borderless windowed mode showed slighlty better performance than the fullscreen, but didn’t completely solve the issue.

Just killed this background process (Crash Mailer 64) inside the main Overwatch Application process and BUM! my fps becomes to stable 165 againt.
Yes of course, it doesn’t effect to game performance

1 Like

It’s end of 2023 and I’m having this issue. Cheers! :upside_down_face:

1 Like