Crash from BIOS out of date

As the topic title says I am crashing because my BIOS is out of date. I’ve found the update I need for my AB350M Pro4 Motherboard on my motherboard manufacturer’s website. You can find the webpage by googling “AB350M Pro4 Motherboard BIOS update”.

The webpage say I should NOT update my BIOS if I am using a Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU. My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core Processor which is a Summit Ridge CPU.

Am I now unable to play Overwatch without crashing as a result of this conflict? Is there some way to resolve this issue without A) Risking the stability of my system as a whole or B) Purchasing a new CPU/Motherboard?

Is anyone else in this situation?

Hey, AVrGe! Is there a reason why you’re trying to update the BIOS? Is this concerning the early memory management issues with Ryzen processors? If so, the earlier AGESA 1.0.0.6 back in mid 2017 were the ones that addressed it and the latest ones aren’t the ones you actually need. If not, is there something that I may have missed?

I’m seeing one crash so far for you, but it looks like its probably something related to rendering here. The most that I see is that the AMD overlay “relive” is enabled and it should be easy to toggle off. When did the crashes start? Is there any odd behaviors with the crash or does the game just close with an error? Does it crash at specific points or randomly?

Could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

The crashes began within the last seven days. They are sudden, random, and they cause the game to lock up and freeze completely. Sometimes I am able to play with no crashes at all and at other times the game crashes every 30 seconds to 5 minutes. The error message I receive is “Detected BIOS is older than recommended. Please consider updating to the latest BIOS version available from your motherboard manufacturer’s website.” Error Code: BLZOWCLI00000007".

My AMD in-game overlay is set to off so it should not be causing this issue. I have tried closing programs running in the background without success.

If possible, I would prefer to send my dxdiag information privately.

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Your DxDiag can be shared privately using the ticket system. Click Support in top right corner and then Contact Support.