Crash at Hero Select Screen

For the last few weeks my game crashes almost every time I try to play it, I have no other issues with any other game.

After joining a game I am able to select a hero, but before the game actually starts (still at the hero select screen) my screen goes black, my video card (I think) starts revving up really high and my computer crashes. I can hear the game in the background for a little bit while my screen is black then it locks up entirely and I have to restart.

I tried a clean install of the game and of my video card drivers but not really sure where to go from here.

Thanks for any help.

See if any of the issues mentioned in this post are relevant to you, and if not, we can look at a more in-depth report of your hardware. Known Technical Support Issues - Updated Oct 13, 2021

Thanks Nicole,

I went through that list, I do have a Razr mouse but I’ve uninstalled all of their software with no change.

I also tried to underclock my videocard but that didn’t help either.

Any other suggestions?

The Razer software is really good at hiding out on your PC. There are usually a few dll files that are still lurking after an uninstall. Game Wont Launch -Unknown Error- - #4 by gerbodis-1285

No luck with that either. I ran the game for over a year with no issues, this issue popped up in maybe the last 2 months.

Okay, let’s take a look at a DxDiag report. Blizzard Support - Obtaining System Files

Here it is! Thanks again for helping me out.

System Information

The AMD User Experience is crashing repeatedly, which might be the cause of your issue.

Are you seeing Bluescreens? If so, what error is appearing?

Check for Windows updates manually.

Hi Nicole!

I did the windows update manually and fully disabled the AMD user experience and that seems to have fixed my problem! Not a single issue since then. It seems the AMD user experience has been causing people issues in a variety of games when I googled how to disable it :slight_smile: Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

Thank you for reporting back, I appreciate it; this thread might help other players. :star: