Could OW work with more than 6 man teams?

They are a multi million dollar company. I’m sure they can bear the cost.

But it kinda does sound fun, with a giant map with lanes and other tropes from actual MOBAs.

I think it could work. I at least want an option to run our own servers with whatever player cap we choose.

I think one the things they could do is increase players for some new kind of game modes. Perhaps have 3 or 4 teams instead of just two. Or if there are 8 players, have two or 3 objectives on a map.

A lot of classic type game modes OW doesn’t do because the player count is so small. Imagine having 3 points and having to capture at least 2 of the three and hold them to win.

5vs5 would require ideally hyberdizing characters and removing the role lock.

It’s an issue with console optimization plus the servers aren’t really set up to do that very well, from what I understand

The cost is resources of consoles not financial. They have to make the game run on the base ps4, xbox, and switch. Its just not possible to add another player and maintain frame rates without a sacrifice somewhere.

I can see them expanding it next gen when the current console versions are discontinued in favor of more powerful consoles

I dunno, we can’t even get 2 of 6 people to coordinate in any of my games. What would be the point of more people on a team?

Generally speaking the larger the team the less “team work” matters. Look at games like Battlefield that have 32+ players per team yet a single person or squad can turn the tide of a match.

yeah unfortunately 2-3-2 would require a lot of technical reworking of the systems not to mention re-balancing of tanks. I still think it’d be worth it overall though.