Could not connect to server, losing SR!

I just played two ranked matches with my sister one after the other on xbox live. The first game the screen was stuck on the black screen loading when the message “failed to connect to server” popped up for both of us. We waited like 10 minutes until we finally backed out and the game notified us we had been banned for 10 minutes and lost 50 sr!! Being frustrated as all hell we went to quickplay played a few games everything ran fine. After that me and my sister then decided to go back to ranked. Found a skirmish, everything ran fine then it left to took us to the game when again the screen was stuck on loading for forever when the same message popped up! Again we get penalized for quitting and lost another 50 sr!!! What the heck blizzard please get me and my sister our SR back!!! I was once a diamond player so i love your game and I’ve played the crap out of it. I am a prestige 7. We are not the only ones this has happened to ive talked to plenty of people who have said the same thing happened to them. That is 100 sr down the drain in a matter of minutes! Someone please help. I do not want to just drop this competitive season and give up. My Gamertag on xbox live is the exact same as my battletag. My sisters is Arctic Wolf 034. Please help.

1 Like

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. So if this is happening frequently, there is great troubleshooting specifically for consoles to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v