Could devs add music to workshop?

I have this long term skirmish game, and its really fun! but the only problem is that it’s really awkward because there is no music. I think background music would really lighten it up a lot! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I strongly agree with this.
It’s a good idea to base Squamish on to create custom game rules, as builtin object rules get in the way.
I want to play it in Squamish, even if it’s a simple BGM loop.

2 Likes

I know you can disable or enable in game music with workshop, and force it to play voice lines, but there is no way to code in outside music, probably because blizzard wants to avoid being responsible for anything inappropriate.

You can blast music through your mic, or that of an alt account in team or match voice chat.

actually, now that I think about it, you might be able to create tunes by playing sound effects/triggering actions in a musical sequence. It’s an interesting idea, but i dont think its what you are looking for.

Honestly, even just some overwatch music in the background would be really nice (overwatch actually has some really good soundtracks honestly). Just anything but silence…

you can enable and disable in-game music via workshop (I think it’s on by default), and you can turn the volume of that up/down if you like.

Sadly though there is no music in skirmish mode.
Also, even just an “overwatch jukebox” would be great.

As we all know, OW’s built-in background music changes fluidly as the game progresses. (Round start, overtime, etc.)
I think the system has no control over the background music in game modes that don’t have clear objects.
However, even with simple looping background music, the game modes of Squamish and Deathmatch are very nice.
I would like to expect from the development team.